Chapter 1

Where am I? What's going on? I don't know what happened. All I know is that I'm in a carriage with my hands cuffed and three unknown men around me.

I can see one of them speaking, but I can't hear the sound of his words. There's a man dressed in bear pelts with a cloth around his mouth. His face looks familiar, but I don't remember a single thing.

I'm finally able to listen to whatever he is saying. He's asking where I'm from, what's the crime I committed, and then it hit me. Crime, cuffed hand, ragged clothes... I feel a shiver down my spine. I'm on my way to death.

I should be panicking like the guy in rags sitting opposite to me, but I'm not. I'm oddly calm. It's like I'm dreaming. I got to be dreaming. I did nothing wrong, or maybe I did and don't remember.

They are speaking again. The one sitting in front of me is named Ralof, the one in rags is the horse thief and the one in bear pelts is Ulfric Stormcloak. That name rings a bell, but I don't remember why.

Ralof asked where the horse thief was from. He's from Rorikstead, Ralof is from Riverwood and Ulfric is from Windhelm. The Riverwood fellow said that our last memories should be of home. Sad... I don't know where my home is...

The carriage stops and the people on fancy armor order us to get out. They started calling out names and taking us to the block. When the Imperials were about to call me I felt my heart tighten in my chest. Realization hit me and I start to panic. I'm about to die and I don't even know if I lived a good life. The guards went quiet, then I heard one whisper that my name was not on the list.

Relieved washed over me, then the captain said that I was going to die anyways. I feel my hope leaving my body in the form of tears. I don't want to die! I need to know what happened in my past! This isn't fair! My name is not on their damned list! Wait a second, what is my name?

------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Author here! So this is my first time posting a story here so please, if you have any suggestions leave then in the comments! Thanks for reading!