About a half an hour later, Karen scooted away from both of us. She looked like she was going to throw up again.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly so I wouldn't freak Aubree out. Karen shook her head no and sat up.

"Aubree, did you go potty before you came in here?" I asked hoping she would say no so she wouldn't see Karen run to the bathroom.

"No" she said.

"Go potty and then we can go downstairs for breakfast" I said. I lifted Aubree out of the bed and she ran down the hall to her bathroom.

I looked over at Karen and she was still sitting in the bed. I scooted closer to her and rubbed her back. She sat there in silence hoping that the nausea will pass. It didn't. She climbed out of bed quickly and ran into the bathroom with her hand over her mouth. I climbed out of bed and followed her. She made it to the toilet and threw up. I walked up behind her and pulled her hair back and held it. When she was done, she flushed the toilet and stood up. She leaned against the counter and faced me.

"It amazes me that I even had anything left in my stomach to throw up" she said with a slight giggle. I walked up to her and put my hands on the sides of her arms.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"For now" she said. I pulled her to my chest and wrapped my arms around her back. She wrapped hers around my waist. I held her for a minute before we were interrupted by a hungry four year old.

"Can we have waffles for breakfast?" Aubree asked.

"Sure" Karen said as she pulled away from me. Aubree smiled and walked out of the bathroom. We followed her down to the kitchen.

We had some frozen waffles in the freezer, so I just popped some of those in the toaster because neither of us felt like making homemade waffles.

We sat down at the table and ate our breakfast. Karen ate two bites and was just moving her food around on her plate.

"Kare, you should eat something" I said and reached for her hand.

"I'm not hungry" she said quietly.

"What if I make you something else?" I suggested.

"I'm really not hungry" she said getting a little upset.

"Let me make you some toast. Something less sugary" I said and went over to grab the loaf of bread. I popped a piece in the toaster. I waited for it to pop up and then put a little bit of butter on it. I walked back over to the table and set it in front of her.

"Please eat it" I said and kissed the top of her head.

She picked up the toast and took a bite. She eventually ate all of it. Aubree finished up her waffles and I helped her clean up. I've been trying to help Karen out as much as possible so she doesn't have to do much. I know the morning sickness has been getting to her and she's not up for much.

Once Aubree was cleaned up, Karen took her upstairs to get dressed. All Karen wanted to do this morning was lay down on the couch and all Aubree wanted to do was play with Karen. I decided to take Aubree outside so Karen could get so peace and quiet before we have to go to the ultrasound.

A little bit before 1:00, Emily came to watch Aubree while we go. Karen got herself ready and then we left. Karen has been quiet since this morning. I know she's nervous for this appointment. I reached over for her hand and grabbed it.

"Everything's going to be fine" I said and squeezed it. She turned her head and looked at me. She gave me a small smile and then continued looking out the window.