Karen

"I told myself that I had it"

Aubree is three months old now. She has started to smile a lot more too. She is such a happy baby. She is now only waking up once during the night and sometimes not at all. That has only happened twice though. Jimi and I are in a really good place. I love the little family we have created. Aubree is starting to recognize Jimi and I as her parents. When we are with other people, like Phillip and Kimberly, she lets them hold her, but after a few minutes she starts to fuss and when either me or Jimi take her, she instantly calms down.

My parents are coming up to visit tomorrow for a long weekend. They are staying Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We don't have enough room in the apartment to have them stay here, so they are staying at a hotel down the street. We're taking Aubree to her first trip to the zoo. She's not going to remember any of it when she's older, but that's okay. We'll takes lots of pictures.

We finally have our next album completely finished. The release date is in October 4th. It's our second album and we're really excited about it. We are releasing our first single off the album in May. It's called Boondocks. It's a song we wrote about where we came from. I have a good feeling about this album.

I'm meeting Mark later today at a coffee house downtown. He has tour rehearsal for Carrie and then he said he would come by. I want to talk to him about Aubree and how serious he is about being in her life because he has seen her twice since she was born. Today will be the third. I told Jimi that I was going to take Aubree with me. Jimi wanted to come too, but I don't want Mark to know we are together. Jimi understood. He knows that Mark is Aubree's father.

It is around 12:00 and I am supposed to meet Mark at 12:30. I got Aubree ready to go and Jimi watched me.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" he asked.

"I'm sure. I don't want things to get awkward and I don't want him to know about us yet" I said.

"Okay. If you change your mind and want me to come down there, I will" he said.

"I know you will. Thank you" I said and stood up after I buckled Aubree in.

"I love you" I said and kissed him.

"I love you too" he said.

He picked up Aubree's car seat and carried her down to my car. I grabbed the diaper bag and we walked down together. I put the diaper bag in the back and Jimi buckled the car seat in.

"Call me if you need anything" Jimi said and kissed me again.

"I will" I said.

"I love you" he said.

"I love you too" I said and climbed in the car. I started it and Jimi watched me pull out of the parking lot. I headed downtown and found the coffee shop.

Now that it is March, it's finally starting to get nice out. Mark wasn't here yet, so I took Aubree in and ordered myself a tea. I found a table out on the patio and sat down. Aubree was still in her car seat, but was getting a little fussy. I set her on the ground and rocked her. Finally, I saw Mark walk in. He ordered a coffee and found us outside.

He walked out and sat across from me.

"How have you been?" he asked and took a sip of his coffee. He didn't even look at Aubree.

"Fine" I said.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" he asked.

"About our daughter" I said.

"What about her?" he asked. I raised my eyebrows at him because now I was annoyed.

"You've seen her twice for a combined total of thirty minutes since she was born" I said.