23

don't forget to vote please :D it always really helps push me and it just makes my day

"You can't drink with those pills, Your Majesty."

"Yea well whose decision is that really?"

"Your Majesty the king said-"

I raise my brows at that before cutting him off, "Are you questioning me?"

I stand up but the pills are making my head light and I waver slightly. I don't like it. Nehulla growls at the interruption of her sleep. She is almost catlike in the way she curls around my feet.

The servant's eyes go wide with fear. I feel my body hum. To be so helpless your whole life against wolves and then to one day have it all change. To hold power. 

It is indescribable.

"My Queen," Natia says. About time. She's been quiet since she walked in. "Do I need to call in the king?" She made it sound like she was trying to help but we both know that it was a threat.

Rolling my eyes with a wave of my hand I dismiss the trembling servant. He bows quickly and leaves. It reminds me of a mouse.

It has been two days since being prescribed those fucking pills. Over three weeks left. They make me more tired than usual. 

Falling back on the chair my eyes find Natia's. 

"That was cruel," Natia says.

"I would know nothing of cruelty," I spit out.

"Was he the one who committed those heinous acts?" She challenged.

"Do you know servants live better the those richest at my village? Anula showed me. It amazes me every day, how no one fights for us. And when we do, when we fight for our right to not live like caged animals, we get this." I say, gesturing towards my back.

"Change is not kind. Change is cruel. I will take what I can, and I will twist this world. I will twist, I will mutilate this world like it did me. I will crush it down until it is mine." I take a breath, "He may not have been the one holding the whip but he never said it was wrong. He never fought for us. So many wolves watched, yet nothing. Nothing. Strange world." 

I sigh, "Leave, please." 

"My Queen, the king said-"

"Natia, I have a giant wolf at my feet. I'll be fine. Please, just leave."

She bows her head, "Yes, My Queen."

The room seems colder with her gone.

+++

Waking up I find Ares looking at me. 

Men shouldn't be as strong as he is, and yet. He exists. 

"You dismissed Natia." It wasn't a question.

"I wanted to be alone."

"You're fragile right now."

"I'm always going to be 'fragile'."

Slowly I get up and make my way over to him, making sure to sway my hips slightly. His eyes darken. Exactly what I need.

I tilt my head up to him, we're so close I can feel the heat coming off of him, it takes everything in me not to moan. 

I whisper, "The question is, are you always going to treat me that way?"

He growls and I know I have him where I want him.

When his lips meet mine they electrify me. His hand cups my face and I push into him. No need to be subtle. 

He has to bend down just to reach me, he pulls me closer. And this time I do moan, his tongue pushes its way into my mouth and I don't fight it.