Chapter 1

It was the night of your graduation day and you were all packed up and ready to leave. You made sure to leave while your Father was out drinking. You collected all the food you could find at home, bundled up all the money that you could save up, and stuffed it all into your duffle bag. You were carefully opening her window. Once it was halfway open, you heard a familiar voice echoing throughout the whole house.

"Y/N!" exclaimed your Father, sounding drunk and angry as usual.

"Shit," You cursed under your breath. You didn't expect him to be home so early. Panicked, you tried to open the window fully. Unfortunately, it got stuck and you couldn't possibly fit through the small opening available.

"Y/N! COME DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!" he said, slurring his words the whole sentence.

"This can't be happening," you said, desperately trying to get your window to open. Tears were streaming down your face because of all the stress and the thought of what you're Father might do to you.

"YOU LITTLE BRAT! JUST YOU WAIT TILL I GET UP THERE!" he said in the horrifying voice you had to hear every night, for years. You could hear him walking up the stairs, each step getting louder and louder. You were still trying to get the window open, endless amounts of tears streaming down your face.

"F*CKING HELL, Y/N! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S IN STORE FOR YOU IF YOU DON'T COME OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN ROOM RIGHT NOW!"

"Please, God. If you can hear me, please save me. I beg you. Please..."

"Y/N! YOU LITTLE BI-" your Father stopped mid-sentence.

You heard glass breaking and something rolling down the stairs. Suddenly, you heard a big thud. You were somewhat worried. Even after all he's done to you, you still cared for him. That was just the kind of person you are, you care about someone even if that person doesn't.

You slowly peeked out of your door, seeing your Father wasn't there. With your heart racing, beads of sweat rolling down your face, and tear streaks staining your cheeks, you walked out of your room and headed towards the staircase. You looked down and your knees started to become weak at the horrible sight.

Your Father was at the bottom of the staircase with a pool of blood under his head. There were shards of glass scattered everywhere. You ran down the stairs, not caring about the shards of glass scraping the soles of your feet. With your Fathers' lifeless body in your arms, you started to sob.

You immediately called for an ambulance and about ten minutes later, you heard sirens outside of your house. A cop kicked down your door and a group of people ran to you. They placed your father on a stretcher, covered his body, and rolled him into the ambulance.

You sat inside the ambulance while the police were trying to interview you. Out of shock, you couldn't say a word. They completely understood what you were going through.

"We'll interview you later, Miss." the police officer said while exiting the ambulance.

You were left with a blank expression on your face. All the sounds; the sirens, the people talking, the sobbing of your neighbors who were watching; they were slowly starting to fade as you drowned it all out.

When you arrived at the hospital, you were asked a few questions and a doctor came up to you.

"Are you Miss Y/N?" the doctor asked you. You simply nodded while sniffling.

"I'm devastated to inform you that, your Father didn't make it. Your Father suffered from Cirrhosis, a liver disease caused by an unsafe consumption of alcohol. He also got a severe heart attack which caused him to faint and fall down the stairs. The back of his head was badly injured as he was falling which caused him to bleed excessively. I'm so sorry for your loss."

You held back your tears for you were tired from all the crying.

"Thank you, doctor," you replied.

You left the hospital. Tears uncontrollably pouring out of your eyes, you tried to find your way home.

'What am I going to do now? My Sister and my Father are dead, my Mother is nowhere to be found, and I have no contact with any other family member. I don't even know if I have any other relatives plus, I don't have any friends to ask help from,' you thought to yourself as you were walking, gradually tearing up.

You came across an empty street with no cars passing by. You stood in the middle of the street and decided to let out your stress by screaming at the top of your lungs,

"ALL I WANTED WAS TO HAVE A HAPPY LIFE BEFORE I DIE! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?! ALL MY LIFE, I HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT WORK HARD! AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?! WHY THE HELL IS THIS HAPPENING TO M-" you were screaming so loud that you couldn't hear the honking of a cars' horn. Like a deer caught in the headlights, you were frozen, staring at the car. It was all happening so fast. Accepting your fate, you closed your eyes and waited for the impact. Suddenly...

TO BE CONTINUED