"What are you doing Isaac?" Derek asks confused.

"I want him to stay." My mouth moves on my own accord now, finally getting control of my body back as Derek's alpha abilities loose their grasp on me.

"I can stay." Alec says and looks down at our hands. I should probably release his, but I don't. I only squeeze tighter.

"Okay Isaac, lets start easy. Who is your father?"

"My dad." I say sarcastically and glare at Derek.

"What does he do?"

"He coached the swim team when my brother was on it, now he works at the graveyard."

"Why?"

"My brother died."

"What else changed when your brother died Isaac?" I grip Alec's hand tighter now, and he squeezes back just as tight.

"Nothing."

"Tell me. Say it out loud Isaac."

"Nothing happened." I watch as Derek gets off the stool and makes his way closer.

"Derek what are you doing?" Magnus questions.

"Shut up Magnus. Tell me what happened Isaac." Derek demands, raising his voice.

"Nothing." I whisper looking up at him.

"What about the bruises Isaac. What about your claustrophobia. What about your fear of basements." he demands and rips me to my feet. As my hand leaves Alec's I feel for the first time the anxiety that usually accompanies questions about my father. The anxiety quickly turns to rage and I shove against Derek as hard as I can taking him by surprise and knocking him on his back.

"He beat me Derek! Is that what you want me to say! You want me to tell you how he locked me in a freezer for half my childhood! That the man I used to look up to despises me and abuses me daily. Is that what you want Derek!" I yell as loud as I can, my voice cracking as tears flood my eyes.

"Yes." Derek says from the floor.

I fall to the ground beside Derek and begin to softly sob as everything I try to keep repressed surfaces and drowns me in my own sorrow. Derek gets to his feet and walks over to Magnus.

"What was the point of that Derek?" Magnus asks angrily.

"Pain can be an anchor. We need to find Isaacs as soon as possible. A werewolf with that much trauma behind him and no anchor isn't good for anybody."

"Then why the hell did you turn him?" I hear Magnus yell.

"Because he needed it."

It was probably hours before I was able to get off the ground again. And another 30 minutes before I could speak. Alec went off to discuss something with the Magnus guy what seemed like too long ago. My body seemed to call out to him, I found myself taking steps towards the door before I realized what I was doing and turned around.

"Isaac." My mind is soothed by his calm voice and my inner turmoil diminishes. He's standing there like a soldier, with Magnus by his side.

"I need to go. My family needs me, they're at war." Before I can stop myself I hear a whimper slip from my lips. I didn't want him to leave. I've only known him for a day but he's the only person I want to be around.

"Derek protect your beta, so when Alexander returns, he returns to someone who is in control." Magnus says waving his hand with a flourish. 

"I would also like to have a word with Isaac quickly before we depart." I state confused at the asian man before he waves his arm for me to follow him. I look to Alec who looks as confused as I do but he nods his head toward Magnus. He turns to me as I approach him and he smiles sweetly. 

"I've been around a very long time Isaac. I know that you don't understand what's between you and Alexander, but I do. He deserves the happiness that you and only you can bring him. I just wanted you to know that I love him very much and if you hurt him I won't hesitate to send you to another dimension where they can show you pain you can't even imagine." I stare at him silently, barely even processing the words he's saying.

"Alec is a leader, and his people need him. His family needs him. They're fighting a war, one that, if they loose could mean the destruction of the entire downworld." He continues as if he didn't just threaten my life.

"What's the downworld?"

"You're so new to everything. Have Derek explain, and make sure he tells you everything."

"How will I know if he's told me everything if I don't know anything yet."

"Oh my." Magnus says massaging his forehead. "Just tell him to tell you everything." He says with finality and walks back to Alec and Derek who are in deep conversation.

"Well, I've said my piece. I am more than ready to leave now." Magnus says breaking the two apart.

"I don't want you to leave." I say quietly as Alec walks past me towards Magnus. He stops and turns slowly towards me. His eyes are pained, the crease in his brow evidence of his internal struggle.

"I don't want to leave you, I don't know why." His hand reaches up slowly and he gently places it against my cheek. He winces suddenly ripping his hand from my cheek and going to his abdomen. He lifts up his shirt and one of the many dark swirling designs on his skin looks like its burning him.

"Take me to Jace." He screams to Magnus who quickly flicks his hand and they're both gone in a flash.

"Tell me everything." I say turning to Derek, feeling my anger rise now that Alec is gone.