A Stick, A Psychiatrist, A Goddess

Start from the beginning

"Oh, God. How are we gonna get up now?" Emily huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I can climb up there, like a...rock wall, kind of." Sam suggested, looking up at the wooden platforms hanging off the sides of the wall. "I'm going to keep going, you guys should head back to the lodge, stay safe. I've gotta get Mike."

Ashley took steps back and aided Chris back on his bad leg.

"Good luck!" Emily snorted, following after the two.

In only a matter of seconds, Sam was able to muster enough strength to jump to the first wooden plank, pulling herself up by her hands. As it broke, Sam quickly got her grip readjusted and let out a gasp.

"Alright," She breathed out, regaining her confidence and leaped up to the top of the wall, pulling herself up once again. Sighing, she placed her hands on her knees once she was a safe distance from the edge and chuckled. "Ha."

Continuing on, she dropped down a ledge into a whole new area that was strangely worse than anything she had ever walked through. The unfamiliar screeches making goosebumps on her arms as she quickly ran through, afraid of being caught in front of a Wendigo. Fortunately for her, she had never had to face one, but was still terrified of doing so.

Safely making it threw, Sam stopped her fast pace when she saw a door, immediately pulling it open. But grabbed a shovel, just in case she made her first appearance to a creature. As she neared the other door, Mike suddenly appeared through, being pushed over by a monster, completely engulfed with flames. Bo flew through the door as well, butting the back of it's head with a stick, shouting with fury and making the head fly off the, what she could only assume was, the Wendigo. Mike got up in front of her, shutting the door behind them.

"Oh! Hiya, Sam." Bo gave her a wide smile, blowing a chunk of her hair from her face.

"Are you alright?" Sam spat out, after watching the scene unfold before you.

"I should be asking you. You look like that was your first time seeing a Wendy." She chuckled, brandishing her stick.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Mike asked, panting from his recent cardio.

"I came to warn you about the Wendigos." She defended herself. Bo snorted out a breath of air.

"I think I got it." Mike nodded his head.

"Yeah," Sam awkwardly stood in front of him. "Well, would you let me help you find where Josh is?"

Mike and Bo exchanged glances of doubt, the two of them looking equally burnt out.

"Sure." They answered at the same time, freaking Sam out more than the fiery Wendigo.

Josh hid his face in his hands, as he rocked back in forth where he was, his breathing uncontrolled. Dr. Hill sat in front of him, his legs resting on top of his desk and the small table lamp flicked on. He sighed, before standing up and moving in front of Josh, bending down to his level.

"I wonder how much these 'sessions' are of any help to you now." Dr. Hill's voice was just as menacing in Josh's head as it was in real life. "You just won't listen to me and things seem pretty," He looked around and the sound of the wind howling and the screeches of Wendigos echoed darkly, "fucked up." Dr. Hill finished with a sly grin.

Josh was completely unresponsive, as he knew it was only in his head but still had difficulty preceiving imaginary from reality.

"So, I'm going to leave you now, Josh." He stood up, walking away from him and towards his nonexistent desk. "It's time you learned." Dr. Hills said, his voice, slightly mocking. "It's time you learned there's more to be afraid of," He reiterated, "than can be dreamt up by the unhinged imagination of a self-indulgent, spoiled little brat!"