A Stick, A Psychiatrist, A Goddess

Only a few chapters left! Even if it's a fast read, I'd still love for you to enjoy this chapter!

Sam was several feet ahead of the rest of the group, Ashley in a close second as they walked the halls of the basement in search for Mike and Bo.

"Come on, guys, hurry up! We gotta find Bo and Mike." She encouraged the staggering group.

"Hey," Chris leaned up against a wall, his leg throbbing with pain, "I'm kind of gimping out here guys," He admitted, gasping for breath. "I think maybe you should go one without me."

"No, Chris, we're staying together. Mike and Bo can wait a little longer." Ashley reassured him as Sam and Emily walked ahead of them, leaving Chris and Ashley alone. They hobbled together slowly, eventually making their way with the rest of the group.

When they made it to the end of the hallway, they found Sam cursing and sputtering.

"There's gotta be another way in." Sam pondered.

"Wait, hey." Ashley looked down a drain, not completely sure if it was a good idea or not. "I mean, should we try it?" Sam ran to look down it with her and Emily.

"Well, it's not like we have a lot of choices here." She mumbled. Ashley picked up a metal bar, turning it over in her hands before jabbing it in a hole from the top of the drain and leveraging it up. Her and Sam took a side of the top before throwing it to the side.

"Okay, this is maybe the last place I'd wanna be right now." Ashley admitted.

"So who's going first?" Sam put her hands on her knees. Ashley laughed in response. When nobody answered, Sam put one foot on the sketchy ladder provided, sinking herself into the darkness of the tunnel. "Not so bad." She tried. "You think this is the tunnel to the Sanatorium?"

"Of course it is, where else would it go?" Ashley said, with a hint of sass. Sam began to go down further down, Emily following next. "I know your hurt, so just take it easy." Ashley warned Chris, who was ready to go next.

"I know, I'm trying, Ash." Chris struggled to make it into the small tunnel, Ashley next. "Hey, Sam." She called out as she was on the ladder. "I'm going to close this tunnel over us, you know, in case something is following us."

"Yeah, okay, just make sure to hurry and get back with the group." Sam yelled back from the front. The top was surprisingly light for a cement-covered slab of metal, and it was quite easy for her to close it behind her. When she reached the bottom, no body was there anymore and the isolation she felt suddenly, did not make her situation brighter.

Taking a deep breath, she continued in the direction she saw Sam, Chris and Emily walk in, hearing the water fall around her in tiny spots. She turned the corner, again seeing no sign of her friends, and flashed her flashlight down the hall to double check.

Once she neared the end of the hallway, she began to hear crying.

"Hello?" She called out, receiving no tangible answer, she cried out again, "Who's there?" Her breathing quickened as more strange noises emitted from the hatch, "Jessica?"

She quickly rejoined with the group, blaming the noise on how tired she was and thought she was just reaching for something that wasn't there. Rejoining the group, she gave out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, thank God I found you guys." She whined as she hugged Sam.

"Glad you're safe." She replied as they let go, leading them once again through the gallows. When they walked into another room, a more opened up one with streams of spare light penetrating through, they noticed the ladder up was completely gone.