part 2

She tried not to think about the day he left. Instead she focused on the more pleasant memories she shared with him. She reflected back to their first date. George, being the romantic he was, he took them out to Nando's where they both ordered chicken wraps. It was simple but she enjoyed it very much. He did too and after the date finished, he took her back home where he gave her a gift she could never forget; her first kiss. She remembered their fluttering hearts and his soft lips.

One memory led to another. She remembered New Hope Club's first gig they'd done in her hometown. They'd sung 'Fixed' and in the crowded room, she could've sworn he was singing to her. He hadn't taken his eyes off her once. After the show, they'd made out backstage and were interrupted by a Reece who dearly wished he hadn't witnessed the couple so George decided to take her to his hotel room while the other boys were having a drink. When they got to the hotel room, they finished what they started. Clothes flying everywhere and, well, you get the picture.

Sadly, she still had school so she couldn't go on tour with the boys. She'd almost finished school. She wanted to drop out but George said that he wouldn't forgive her if she dropped out just so she could hang out with him on tour. She wanted to so badly since she missed him. A lot. She missed her Smiffy, as she affectionately called him. And besides, she had some news to tell him. Something had come out of their hotel shenanigans, as to say the least. She initially thought she'd gotten food poisoning but after a couple of weeks of waking up to empty her stomach into the toilet, she decided to get tested. She tested positive for being pregnant. She remembered being scared at first; what would George say? Would he stay with her? Or would he leave her? She sincerely hoped it wasn't the latter. There were still two whole months until George got home from tour. She wanted to tell him in person.

For two months, she kept the baby a secret and waited for George to come home. When her mother made a comment on her growing stomach, she'd blamed it on 'not eating healthily'. Her mother, who didn't notice much about her, believed her.

She counted down the days until George came home. They'd spend hours talking to each other everyday on Skype. 'Come back, be here' she'd sing. And he'd laugh and say that he'd be there before she knew it and that he loved her and missed her. She'd reply and say that she loved him too and missed him more. Then, of course, they would playfully fight over who loved each other and missed each other the most.

She remembered all this as she sang her daughter to sleep. Her little girl who reminded her so much of her father, her George, her Smiffy.