A Map, A Torch, A Spirit

Start from the beginning

They walked into another hallway that held more and more of them, all confusing Bo.

"I'm sorry, Bo. We'll find him, and grab the key and we can all get out of here. But you can't stop us from taking him in to the Police. He can't stay unpunished for what he did."

"I understand." Bo said quietly as she stared at the map.

"Huh, where are the wolves?" Mike whispered.

"Wolves?" Bo said, meekly.

"Yeah, they're tame." He clarified. Bo felt herself settle down as she looked into the cage where he was. "We need to find a way in. There's guns in there that we need. You know how to work a gun, P.K?"

"Ha, never heard that name before, and yes, I know how to work a gun." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm pretty sure there's a hole up there in the walkway up there if I'm seeing correctly."

"Might as well try." Bo shrugged her shoulders and quickly jogged up the stairs and to the edge of the balcony where, in fact, there was a giant hole leading inside the cage. She jumped down, landing properly on her feet. "Hold on, I'll open this door for you." She twisted the knob on her side, allowing Mike entry.

"There's a shot gun and a torch. You want the torch?" He asked Bo, who agenda-lessly walked around the small enclosure.

"Why, because girls can't handle shot guns?" Bo challenged.

"No, because you have the map." Mike snorted, knocking sense in Bo.

"Oh, then yes, I do want the torch." She took the cloth-wrapped stick in her hands, the map in the other and watched as he took out lighter from his pocket, engulfing the cloth in flames. "Thanks, Mike. For doing this with me."

"Well, Chris is kind of a pussy, so." He smirked at Bo, who smiled brightly in response nodding her head in agreement. As they exited the small room, Bo noticed a cigar box with one cigar left in it and put it in her mouth.

"Say, this place is a little tacky, say. Looks like my great Aunt Linda's casket, say. I'd at least put up more privacy curtains, nyeaheheheheh." She put on an accent and as she spoke, the cigar moved up and down from the corner of her mouth. Mike shook his head and laughed.

"Josh is lucky to have you." He rolled his eyes.

"Say, you bet your ass he is." Bo continued her impression of no one in particular before putting it down again, and following to where the exit to the other tunnel that lead to the mines.

"Ha. Right." Mike grunted, pulling out his new gun to try out on the lock. With a loud bang, the lock was broken and the door was pushed open. The two tried to stick together and watched as a wolf suddenly appeared, scaring Mike and Bo. "Easy, now, easy." Mike whispered gently, as the wolf ran away again, leaving the two by themselves.

Walking through a fenced in trail, they began the small talk they were so used to now in order to keep down their nerves.

"So, how do you know so much about the Wendigo? You weren't there when the flamethrower guy talked about it." Mike asked.

"I wish I could say I knew." Bo shrugged, her eyes glued on the map, trying to construct every picture in her mind according to the old piece of paper.

"Oh. Chris told me you killed one while you were in the shed. How did you do that?" He turned his head slightly, looking at Bo through his peripheral vision.

"I don't remember how I did it. All I remember is Josh being dragged away and then Chris was waking me up." It was unsettling for her to even remember that she had no recollection of the time she killed the Wendigo. All she remembered was that she did, like something inside her whispering little bits of where to go and what to do and how to do it. It was also unsettling that her and Mike were completely exposed to the outside, and tried to cover her fear into her map, seeming brave and confident on the outside.