Chapter 4: "The Accident"

☆Katelyn's POV☆

..Flashback: May 7, 2009..

It was my 9th birthday.. I woke up to my 3 year old brother jumping on to my bed and shaking me.

"Sissy!!! Wakey wakeeyyy" My brother, Luke, said with a smile on his face.

"What did I tell you what I do to you if you wake me up huh?" I said with a smirk lifting up my arms getting ready to tickle him.

"Don't sissyy!!" He said hopping off my bed and tries to run to the door but I was fast enough to grab him and I started tickling him.

"That's what you get you dork" I said as he was laughing loudly.

"Now what is going on in here?" My dad said popping out of nowhere..

"I woke Sissy up dada!!" Luke said running to him.. as soon as I let go of him.

"I see that.." My dad said smiling.. "Come on your mother is making breakfast."

"Is she making pancakes?" I asked and he nodded.

I loveeeee pancakes.. they're so good. So I instantly jump out of bed and bolted down the stairs all the way to the kitchen.

"Hi mom!" I said smiling as I looked at her flipping the pancakes.

"Happy birthday baby" She said putting pancakes onto my plate and handing them to me.

"Thanks mom!!" I said grabbing some butter and putting it on my pancakes and then I squeezed the syrup bottle on to my pancakes..

"Sisssyyyy don't use all of the syrupp!!" Luke said running up to me and reaches his arm up for me to pick him up.. I put him on a chair and mom gave him small pancakes with a fork..

After I  finished eating I went up stairs to my room so I could take a shower and get dressed..

After my shower I chose to wear light salmon dress. I can't believe this is going to be my last year with an age in the single digits..

I soon rushed down to the living room  after I got dressed to see my mom and dad cuddling each other and I just rolled my eyes

I soon rushed down to the living room  after I got dressed to see my mom and dad cuddling each other and I just rolled my eyes.. but I decided to hide behind the couch their sitting at and scare them..

So I tiptoed to the couch and ducked behind it and waited a few seconds.

"BOO!" I said jumping out from behind the couch and both my mom and dad jumped and I doubled over laughing..

"Oh you're going to get payback for the missy!!" My dad said getting up and starts to chase me around the house.

"Aahhh!! You can't catch meeeee!!" I said running away from him. When I looked behind me I saw he wasn't there and when I looked in front of me there he was and before I could run he grabbed me and tickled me.

"Ha! I win!" He said with a smile and I just rolled my eyes..

After a few hours of none stop sillyness. My dad asked, "Do you wanna go see your present?"

"Yes! What is it daddy?" I asked excited to see it..

"I can't tell you we'll have to drive there" he said.. for some reason I actually had a bad feeling about it but I just ignored it.. cause I didn't want it to ruin the fun.

"Ok! Who's all going?" I asked..

"Just you and me sugarpop" he said making me smile.

"Yayy!!" I said. I haven't had much alone time with my dad since Luke was born.. I love Luke and all but dad and I used to be so close..

"Get your shoes on and get in the car" he said and I ran to get my converse.. yes.. I'm wearing a dress with converse.. who cares..

After I put my shoes on I went outside into the car with my dad already in and all buckled in.. He wouldn't let me sit in the front because I am to young.. but I'm fine with it cause I can lay down in the back and it's nice..

"You ready to go sugarpop?" He asked as I buckled my seatbelt.

"Yep!" I said and to that we drove out of the driveway and onto the road.

We were talking about all types of stuff as we were on the road. Then when we were really close to where we were picking up my present, a car had came and hit us head on... I was fine so I unbuckled my seatbelt and I looked at my dad.. and he was all bloody and everything..

"DADDY??? DADDY ARE YOU OKAY?!?" I screamed shaking him and he just moved his arm to put his hand on mine and he looked me into the eyes..

"Sugarpop.. I want you to know that I love you.. and i want you to tell  your mother and Luke that I love them so much.." He said as he coughed up blood..

"No! Don't think that daddy!! You'll be fine!!" I said seeing there was a big gash on his stomach and I ripped a part off of my dress and pressed it onto the wound..

"No sugar.. I know I'm not going to make it.. I'm sorry that this is all happening on your special day.. and your present-" he was cut off by coughing up more blood but then he continued, "your was going to have a big party that we were going to throw you.. with all of your friends.. and the present was the bedroom set you have been wanting for a while know.. since you didn't like your old one.."

Then suddenly the wound on his stomach wouldn't stop bleeding and the piece of my dress that was on it was completely covered in blood.. Then he started to close his eyes but not before saying "I'll always be with you sugar.. forever and always.." then he went limb.. and I whispered "forever and always.."

"Please daddy!! You can't leave me!! Not yet!! Not on my birthday daddy!!" I said crying really hard..

The last thing I could remember was someone opening the door on my side and lifting me up.. then I suddenly blacked out..

..Flashback Over..

Ever since I woke up a week after the accident my mom had blamed me for what happened.. but it wasn't really my fault cause later in the case we learned that the person in the other car had been drinking while driving..

Then my mother had turned to drinking to drown out her pain.. so I had to take care of Luke ever since..