capitolo 5 :: visitatori indesiderati

Start from the beginning

As you sat at your desk, filling out a report for the incident, Rosa comes over and sits on top of your desk. Again. "How's it going?" She says, overly cheerily. You keep your eyes on your paper as you say, "you're sitting on a coffee spill."

She jumps off your desk and inspects the spot she was sitting on before turning to you and angrily saying, "there's no coffee!"

"Stay off my desk."

"Alright, Ms. Sunshine. It's Maria's birthday and we were going to hit the club after work. Just inviting you over for a drink or two."

You shrug. "I'll think about it. I don't have anything better to do. Time?"

"6:00. Wear something nice, alright? She doesn't want a present."

"Fine, mom."

She pats you on the back as she walks away. You groan inside your head. You hated parties, and you never drank because you just never found the taste of alcohol pleasing.

But you knew poor little Maria was going through a breakup and someone would definitely have to take her home after she chugs half of what's in the bar.

So you decided to go.
---
You arrive there wearing that same getup from the day you first met Giorno: the dress, tights, and flats. And the gun.

Rosa, Maria, and two other girls (who were probably Maria's friends) are there standing outside. Once you're all together and a couple introductions are given between you and her friends, you go in. You push yourself to buy a whiskey on the rocks that you definitely won't drink.

The only things illuminating the room were the tacky neon Christmas lights scattered here and there and the dance floor. The song changed from Modjo's "Lady" to Nelly Furtado's "Promiscuous", and immediately, everyone started dancing on each other. You scowled at how gross it was.

"Come out to the floor with us!" Shouts Rosa, shaking your shoulder while her other arm is being gradually pulled away by the others. You politely smile. "I'll meet you out there in a minute!" That was a lie.

She's whisked away by the others and you make your way to the back of the room, pressing yourself against a wall and staring at everyone else.

Some dude comes up to you. "Hey there," he says, standing next to you. "Come here alone?" You look down. "I'm not interested, thank you very much." He gets in closer, offering you the other drink in his hand. "God, you're tense. Here, this will make you feel better--"

"She's not interested."

You look up to see the source of the voice. You almost fainted when you saw who had said that. Of course, it was Giorno.

The man scoffs and walks away. After he's gone, you turn to Giorno. "You're everywhere, aren't you? You're not stalking me, right?" You end the sentence with a giggle. He looks down and smiles, taking a quick sip from his drink. "Of course not. What are you doing here?"

"I was going to ask you the same. Co-worker's birthday party. I have no idea where they are now." You watch the liquid in your glass swish around. "I see. A friend took me here," replies Giorno.

You're both silent as you watch the rest of the club dance and talk to each other, before Giorno breaks the silence.

"Hey, um...I was going to ask you if, uh, you wanted to go out for coffee sometime." You turn to look at him, and he immediately looks down. "Think of it as a 'Thanks for buying me coffee' gift."

He's used that line with the flowers. You smile at him. "I'd love to, Giorno. I'm off work this Saturday, if that works out." His face lights up. "Yeah, that totally works!"

(Halfway across the room, Rosa sees y/n talking to some stranger through the crowd of people. "Who's y/n talking to?" She asks Maria, who is already half blacked out. "I...dunno," she slurs. Rosa continues to watch as y/n and the Golden-haired man carry on a conversation. Maria grabs Rosa's shoulder and hangs on it a little. "He's...REALLY cute...though...")
---
You all haul Maria into one of her co-worker's cars and drive her off. Of course, she took the opportunity to get shitfaced, and she's about to throw up in the backseat.

"So, who was that, y/n?"

Suddenly, the car's aura becomes really uncomfortable as you shift your gaze to Rosa, a sly smirk plastered on her face. You shrug. "I don't know. Like, 5 guys came up to me."

"Really? You didn't come out into the floor because you were too busy talking to that one guy with his hair in a braid the entire time."

"Oooh," the other two girls marvel. You frown. "You must have seen the wrong person. I was at the bar the whole time."

Rosa settles back into her seat. It's obvious she doesn't believe your story, but she goes quiet. "Alright. I guess."

Thank god you were the second to get dropped off.
---
A/N
@ all my children binge-reading my stories at like, 3AM or earlier
Thanks a bunch for the support but get some sleep!!! I'm worried about you getting sick :(

Also It still makes me wonder why they didn't put Moon River as an OST in Super Smash bros. it was a really good OST, too :(
-Mom