no fix but the prefix

I just want to go back to when life was easier

When little kids could run freely up and down the streets and not have a care in the world

We would smile in every picture every time getting cheesier

When we could go for days without getting tired and we twirled and twirled in circles because why not?

Things got harder as we grew older

and I'm just getting colder

I shouldn't have to be afraid to roam the streets on a spontaneous night in fright that i might get shot at or killed.

My nights will go unfulfilled because I'm stuck at home in fear.

My mother will say, "I'm sorry dear, but it is just not safe"

Nothing is.

I'm starting to think it doesn't get any better

I think everybody's just wondering, "can we just forget her?"

Now a days 80% of teenagers are depressed, stressed and have no idea where they're going in life.

They are too sad to manage to get out of bed and ready to pick up a knife, gun, or worse. Medication doesn't work, they expect us to automatically be fixed by saying,'it's okay it gets better it just takes some time to kick in'. I am sorry Mr. Doctor but they do not make magic as if they were a gem.

I am mentally ill.

My brain is a mess.

And I'm going to have to come at peace without that.

I genuinely want to go back to when we were kids and could run the streets without being afraid of getting kidnapped.

My lips are far too chapped to continue bitching about a few out of the thousand problems wrong with this country we call America.