Chapter 1

"Come on, Kagori. Come on out, I know you're here!"

Maui leaned over the edge of a tall cliff, overlooking the ocean. He grew tense as he stared at the water. Since the time the kindly woman took him in as a child, the Demigod had considerably grown. At only twenty-seven years old, Maui already possessed a incredibly muscular and bulky appearance. Maui looked so muscular, his body was practically bulging with muscle. He had light-brown skin and silky black hair that splattered all over the Demigod's head, giving it a mop-like appearance. Maui's neck had been adorned with a large necklace that was decorated with several different sized shark teeth hanging on the cable. Tattoos were exclusively stitched onto his shoulders and chest, leaving the rest of his body plain. He wore a green, leafy skirt that reached down to his knees. Maui finally smirked as a giant tentacle shot up from the ocean, flying straight towards him.

"About time you showed up." Maui said, getting into position. Raising a massive fish hook in his left hand, Maui yelled out a battle cry as he leaped towards the monstrous tentacle. With a powerful swing of his hook, Maui sliced the tentacle in two with the precision of a knife slicing through butter. A massive, octopus-like monster exploded out of the water while screaming in pain and rage.

"MAUI!!! YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT!!!" The monster roared furiously. Maui laughed as the countless markings engraved in his giant hook began glowing with blue light.

"I like to see you try and catch me first, Kagori!" Maui said, swinging his hook and magically shapeshifting into a giant hawk. Kagori roared and charged at Maui, flinging more tentacles towards the hawk. Maui dodged with little effort, twirling in between rows of the monster's flailing limbs. Grabbing a tentacle in his talons, Maui lifted Kagori out of the water and smashed the Kraken into a stone pillar. Kagori snarled painfully and whipped himself around, narrowing his eyes as he concentrated. Maui dived straight towards Kagori, uttering a loud screech with determination etched in his face. Gritting his teeth, Kagori flung a tentacle at Maui, smacking him hard enough to send the Demigod spiraling into a wall and forcing him back into human form. Maui grunted and got up, cracking the bones in his neck. Before long, Kagori's slimy tentacles wrapped around Maui's body as the monster began violently smashing the hero against pillars and rocky hills. Kagori threw Maui with the force of a charging rhino at full speed, sending the Demigod crashing through a mountain. Maui slammed into a nearby beach, coughing out sand as he stood up.

"You're mine, Demigod!" Kagori hissed as he menacingly swam towards Maui. With a large grin, Maui leaped towards Kagori with his hook raised. Kagori roared, leaping out towards Maui at the same time. The Demigod yelled and swung his hook hard, smashing the magical weapon into Kagori's face. The impact painfully knocked some of Kagori's teeth out of his mouth, causing him to yelp painfully. The tentacled beast writhed in pain as he plummeted back into the ocean. After a few moments, Kagori once again lunged out of the water, his jaws open wide to swallow Maui whole. Maui leaped into the air again, bringing the fish hook down on Kagori's head with excessive force. The beast yelped in pain, flailing into the ocean for the last time. As the fight came to a close, a new tattoo depicting Maui's victory over Kagori magically appeared on his left arm.

"Oh, yeah! Look, I got a new tattoo!" Maui proudly exclaimed. A small tattoo heavily resembling Maui located on his right pectoral suddenly came to life, beaming with excitement. Mini-Maui, or "Little Buddy" as Maui called him, ran up to Maui's bicep, giving his larger counterpart a fist-bump.

"That's another victory for us, Little Buddy." Maui said, shapeshifting into his hawk form and flying towards a large temple sitting in the center of a massive crater.