A Flamethrower, A Barrel, A Wendigo

Start from the beginning

"Chris! Come on!" He heard her shout and followed her down the ledge but when he landed, it was incorrect and he hurt his leg. Bo helped him up, quickly, hoping they had enough time. She knew every second counted from her previous encounter with the three that attacked her and Josh. However, the Wendigo was faster and smarter and reached them in the front, the cabin just in view.

Chris shot it again, as it flew backward, tumbling over its head. Taking the time they were given, they reached the patio before it got up again, the two of them pounding on the door.

"Open up! Open, please!" Bo shouted into the glass. Ashley appeared and just as she quickly opened it, the two of them jumping in, she closed it behind them.

"Chris!" She shouted. "Oh God! What happened!" She looked down at his limping leg.

"We gotta go!" Chris said in reply, Bo already far in the hallway as the Wendigo appeared in front of the glass door. Bringing them to the downstairs, Mike was there to greet them.

"You all are here!" He shouted, giving a hug to all of them and leading them into a caged in part of the basement.

"Not all of us." Bo mumbled, remembering how bad Josh looked when the Wendigo took him. But somewhere, she knew he was still alive, and that scared her.

"What took you so long?" Sam asked, but stopped when she saw Bo emerge from behind Chris. "Oh my God!" Wrapping her skinny arms around her friend who she thought was dead, she sighed in relief, giving her a long hug. "Are you alright?" She gave Bo a check over, examining the scratch on her forehead and the dark circles around her eyes giving her almost a ghostly appearance.

"You look like shit." Emily crossed her arms, Bo said nothing as she let go of her friend, Sam. "But better than when you were unconscious, come here." Emily gave Bo a hug as well, while she watched Ashley restrain herself from the rest of the group.

"Ashley, thanks for opening the door. I don't know what I'd do without you." Bo grabbed her friend and pulled her in for a hug as well. Ashley was taken aback at first but accepted anyways and began to cry hysterically.

"I don't deserve a friend like you, Bo. And you wouldn't be hugging me like you are now if you heard me before Chris came out to rescue you."

"What do you mean?" Bo pulled out of the hug, putting both of her hands on Ashley's shoulders.

"I didn't want him to go get you and Josh, I was so selfish and if he had listened to me, you wouldn't be here and I'm so sorry!" Ashley broke down again as Bo pulled her in for another hug.

"Shh." She comfortingly rubbed her back while everyone watched.

"Why aren't you mad at me?" Ashley blubbered, still in her friendly embrace.

"Because what kind of friend would I be if I were, huh?" Letting go finally, they all faced the group.

"Where's the flamethrower dude, Chris?" Sam asked again, always asking the reasonable questions. Bo and Chris exchanged worried glances.

"Ah...yeah, he, uh..."

"He got his head cut off by a Wendigo." Bo finished for him, trying not to remember.

"Oh no!" Emily wailed.

"Oh God." Sam gasped.

"Alright, are these all the doors?" Mike got to business, moving to check the surroundings.

"Yeah." Sam confirmed.

"Are you sure?"

"What are you looking for, Mike?" Sam went to follow him but he came back inside.