Prologue

A man and a woman stood at the edge of a waterfall that stood before a massive ocean. The woman held a small cloth in her arms that must have been holding something considerably medium-sized and very light. It would occasionally squirm, uttering a low-pitched squeal as the object began to wake up. Folding back a small portion of the cloth, the spiteful couple hatefully glared at their newborn infant. With their narrow-minded sights, all they saw was a worthless mistake whom ruined their life of endless fun and carelessness. For the parents, a baby would mean the end of endless partying with their friends. To them, parenthood was the end of their lives. The couple just had to get rid of this useless slab of flesh that depended on them for survival. Adoption wouldn't do; the baby must simply go. Without even a speck of hesitation, the mother dropped the baby off the edge of the cliff, holding high hopes that the infant would be killed during the fall. While the couple celebrated their freedom from responsibility, they did not care to realize that the infant miraculously survived. The baby plummeted into a open log that had floated out from the inland. Now wide awake and with a minor injury to boot, the infant immediately began crying hysterically. As the log made its way to the open ocean, a blinding swirl of light magically appeared, illuminating the water. Rising from the depths of the sea. A towering feminine deity comprised of water looked upon the infant. She wore a necklace comprised of seashells and a bioluminescent coral crown that rested on her head. The beautiful aquatic entity was Tangaloa, Goddess of the Sea. Tangaloa let out a small gasp as she lowered her hands and took up the infant in her hands, raising him to her eye level.

"Sweet, innocent child... The Goddess of the Sea takes pity on you. I can see great potential in you, a potential your wretched parents couldn't see with their blindness. I will now grant you great powers to aid you in your journey to fufill a great destiny given to you by the great gods of the sky." Tangaloa said, planting a finger very carefully on the infant. Magic swirled around the infant like a loop of stars, encasing him in a vortex of blue and purple light.

"You are Maui, Demigod of the Wind and Sea... Rise, child of the sea. Fufill your destiny." Tangaloa proclaimed with a booming tone in her voice.

***

A woman draped in a hooded white gown was kneeling on a beach, collecting multi-colored flowers and carefully placing them in a sack. She was thirty years of age, her natural beauty radiating in the moonlight. The woman stood up, ready to go home when she immediately heard the cries of a distressed infant. The woman rushed to the source of the sound, pushing past a wall of large shrubs in her way. She approached a small tide pool, immediately noticing little baby Maui whom was lying in the center of a tiny naturally-made cesspool. The woman picked up the crying child, calling to him in a soothing tone of voice. She turned her head to the ocean, watching a crescendo of waves smashing into the water. The woman looked down at the baby, whom was now finally fast asleep in her arms. With a loving smile, the woman walked back to her home hidden in the little jungle before her.