This is How it Goes - Chapter 4

----------

You guys are probably curious as to when I'm going to update a new chapter of The Little Rascals and I can only say that I'm working on it. I'm having a hard time coming up with a good ending to the chapter.

Plus, I've been busy....going back to school after spring break and all....

I'll update it soon. Don't you guys worry ;P

Goodnight 💤

----------

This is How it Goes - Chapter 4

Everywhere Andrew and I took Eva, people immediately assumed we were a family. I couldn't blame them, but we really didn't look like a family. We were both always tired and looked like we had absolutely no idea what we were doing with a kid.

Oh my God—we did look like a family. We looked exactly like first time parents. But was that so bad? Maybe acting like a family would force Andrew to stop sleeping with women with me—his ex—in the house.

Andrew walked in the front door, carrying two boxes in his hand, followed by a jet black Great Pyrenees. I guessed it was his dog and the boxes contained supplies from his apartment.

We both agreed, since we were Eva's legal guardians now, that we would sell our apartments. Neither one of us wanted to make payments for both. It made our lives and bills much easier.

I followed Andrew up the stairs with Eva in my arms. The Great Pyrenees looked back at us, curiously tilting his head to the side.

"Where are you putting all your boxes?" I asked from behind him.

He walked into the guest bedroom. "In here, for right now. I'll keep my clothes in the closet and you can have the dresser. If that's okay with you."

I bit my lip and rested Eva on my hip. "Well, I have more clothes than you, so maybe I should just move all my clothes to the closet and you take the dresser?"

He nodded his head, setting the two boxes down next to the dresser. "See, it doesn't take that much effort to compromise," he said, looking at me.

I shrugged, realizing he was right. "Mind introducing me to this dog that's in our house?"

A smile peeked on Andrew's lips, but he tried to hide it. "Our house. You called it our house."

"Well, we technically own it now," I said, acting unfazed. "Why, do you not like it being called that?"

He shook his head. "No, not at all. It just sounds nice." We stared at each other, creating an uncomfortable silence. "Anyway, this is Bear. Since I'm selling my apartment, he's staying here. Is that alright?"

Asking me if things he did was alright was something he did now. I actually appreciated it.

"Yeah, totally," I said, stroking Bear's back. "I've always wanted a dog."

Eva laughed, looking up at me. I looked at her, smiling, even though I just wanted to hold her forever and cry for her. She didn't understand how much her life had changed.

"You know what would be a lot easier?" said Andrew, looking back at me. "If you would just move into the master and I stay in here."

I widened my eyes. "No, I'm not doing that. I'm not sleeping in their room. Neither of us are."

"So, it's just going to sit in this house, untouched forever?" He stood up, sitting next to me on the bed. "I'm sick of that couch. I'm going to need back surgery if I keep sleeping there."