The House (Chapter 4)

We finally arrived to Luke's house. It was rather tidy and welcoming. "Ah, here Maci, you can take a seat over here on the couch, I'll go make us some tea?" Luke asked. "Of course, that sounds lovely, thank you," I reply.

Moments later, Luke returned with some tea, he sat it down on the coffee table and plopped his butt right next to mine. He leaned forward and picked up one of the cups with tea in it, and then he handed it to me. "Here you go," he said, I grabbed the tea in both hands and began to sip at it. After about 3 sips, I sat it back down, "It's a nice place you have here, Luke. I really appreciate you letting me stay here. You didn't have to do thi-," I was cut off mid sentence by Luke. "Maci, it's okay. I'm here for you anytime, you hear? I'm going to help you heal." By this time, I noticed a smile started to form on my face. I felt Luke's hand touch mine, "Maci, I will help you." He said.

I kindly smiled back, and sat back. Luke put his around around me and I nestled my head on his shoulder. He turned on the TV, we watched a little of that new TV show Resurrection. That wasall I remember.

Then the next thing I know, it' was morning. Luke was sleeping and I'm awake. My head is killing me so I slowly get up and go to the kitchen and grab my med's to stop the pain. I heard a little patter and turned my head down to the floor and saw a drop of blood. My vision got blurry, my palms were sweaty, and my breathing slowed. It got black.