part 1

It wasn't planned. None of it was. She didn't mean to fall in love. He didn't mean to fall in love. It just...happened. They didn't mean to sleep with each other either, that just happened as well. She would look back and remember fondly that it was his eyes that she'd fallen for; his beautiful blue eyes. The way they wordlessly greeted her as she entered the room, making her feel warm on the inside.

Then she got to know him. At first, it was just small talk but then she got to know the person behind the eyes and he got to know her. They had a lot in common but it was mainly the love for music that binded them together. He played guitar and she played piano. They both sang. When they sang together, everyone listened; his deep, gentle voice fit perfectly with her angelic voice. They had both been madly in love with each other for a couple of months without telling each other about it. However, after they'd sung "Thinking out Loud" with each other, they'd come to a mutual understanding about their feelings about each other. Shortly after that, they'd verbally expressed their feelings to each other and he asked her out. She, of course, said yes.

She often thought about him, that George Stephan Gresley Smith and how life would be different if he was still with her. She chuckled to herself; he'd simply hated his middle names. 'Just one would have been enough' he'd often say. She thought about his eyes, his laugh, his smile, his voice, him. She thought about the child he'd left behind with her. The child reminded her so much of the father, the resemblance was uncanny. Even though the child had never met her father, her personality matched his almost perfectly. The child also had her father's wild blue eyes. Every time she looked into her daughter's eyes, she saw him, she saw George.

When they first got together, they were the 'it' couple. She wondered if they would still be like that if he hadn't left her. She wanted him so badly. She hated seeing her daughter grow up without a father. George's old bandmates, Blake and Reece, would sometimes drop by and play with her daughter. Although it wasn't the same after George had left her. George had left all of them.