fourty-nine

(this chapter is a bit longer than normal so i can end chapter 50 as the big half point i want it to be.)

between the branches of two trees, you found a makeshift stairway made from stones. pushing the branches away, you were startled to hear her voice from the other side.

"who told you?" she said. the branches flew back and hit your face.

momo poked through from the other side, "did i scare you? sorry, jagiya, i should've gone about that better."

"momo? tell me what's going on, please?"

she sighed. you grabbed her hand and pulled her down onto the other side that she had hidden on.

"do you like it?" she asked you as you stood and took in the scenery. momo sat down and dangled her feet off the edge of boulder you stood on currently. "i've been coming here since i was a trainee."

"it's beautiful..."

you sat down beside her and grabbed her hand with both of yours. "momo, can we talk?"

she looked over to you. "it's about nayeon, isn't it?"

"she's still mad in the twice group chat. somi's been sending me the updates she gets from chaeyoung. momo... she's hurt you, i can tell."

"nayeon didn't hurt me. i hurt her, and i hurt myself. i made a bad choice, can you see that? i'm trapped in my own feelings because if i talk to her about anything, it will all come out. i'll just hurt her even more." you watched momo talk and saw her eyes swell with small tears as she neared the end of her sentences.

you stayed silent and let her talk.

"(y/n)... i've never been good at relationships. with nayeon, i don't think i ever was serious with her. she wanted to be serious, though, and i know that she did. do you know why i didn't want to be serious with her, though?"

she turned towards you and placed her hands on either side of her face, "i was still too in love with you to focus on her."

momo was crying now. you wiped a tear from her cheek and wrapped your arms around her shoulders, letting her cry on your shoulder. "momo, i'm here with you now, aren't i? you can be in love with me as freely as you want. you know why?"

she looked up into your eyes.

"i love you, momo, and i always have."