THE CHOSEN CHERRY BLOSSOMS

CHAPTER 1

THE CHOSEN CHERRY BLOSSOMS

''hey, 

they say its five centimiters per second.''

''hm? what are you talking about?''

''the speed of falling cherry blossoms... its five centimeters per second.''

oh

''really?'' he nods; ''you know a lot of stuff like that jeongguk..''

''you know?'' he starts again; ''they look just like snowflakes!'' and then proceeds to catch one falling petal in his pale palm. he's right. they do.

''i guess-'' and he starts running. ''hey! wait up!'' i run behind him.

the streets are quiet; only his giggles and our fast footsteps disturbing the peaceful silence.

ding ding ding ding ding

the bells; the trains are coming.

jeongguk runs across and leaves me behind;

''jeongguk!'' i shout in both frustration and in efforts of him hearing my voice through the noise.

''hyung!'' he giggles just as loud as i did; slowly putting his hoody over his head ''i hope we see the falling cherry blossoms next spring!'' jeongguk finishes, only to have the end of his voice washed out by the passing trains.

that was our last spring together.

CHERRY BLOSSOMS

''dear kim taehyung; 081112

i'm sorry i haven't written in so long. though summers here in busan are hot too, they are a lot milder than seoul's, but when i think about it, i like the hot humid summers of seoul too! the melting hot pavement; and skyscrapers in the distance shimmering in the heat and the freezing air conditioning in department stores and subways.

the last time we were together was at our elementary school graduation;

well- your graduation. i have to stay back another two years.

anyway... the thing is, it's been half a year since then.

do you still remember me?''

''dear  kim taehyung, 081129

thank you for writing me back! it made me so happy! it's already well in the autumn and the leaves are turning beautiful colors; 

the day before yesterday, i pulled out a sweater for the first time this year-''

''taehyung?'' eunwoo walked into the empty classroom, now making the number of students inside of it, two