O n e

"I'm not that cruel, "

His deep voice resonated in my head, making my skull vibrate and my brain ache with a dull throb. The salty blue waters splashed my face, barley giving me enough time to breathe. The inky waves pulling me deeper into the angry sea. I wasn't going to let him drown me so easily. I wasn't going to let him win, but, he sure as hell was trying.

The stormy waters were getting darker, and harder to navigate through, my arms dead weight as I tried to push myself to shore.

"So, I'll give you the count until three."

His gravely voice resounding in my head like a broken record. My hair stuck to my forehead and ran down my eyes like dark waterfalls, obstructing my vision. I couldn't stop. I couldn't let him get to me.
My hazel orbs darted around frantically like a madwoman, searching the perimeter for any dangers. Upon seeing none, I continued to swim twords some type of land or anything I could take a breather on.

"Hel--" water instantly flooded my mouth, burning my throats and sending me into coughing fits. My eyes produced more and more tears, despite them getting drier and tired.
Come on Heidi! Don't you stop!' I screamed to myself, but luck wasn't on my side. My appendages slowly seemed to go numb from the freezing waters, and my eyes seemed to droop from exhaustion.

Water filled my ears and mouth as my arms slowly stopped working. 'NO! PLEASE DON'T LET ME DIE LIKE THIS' I screeched, in my mind of course. My lips, chapped and swollen made one last attempt for air, but to no avail. My last shred of hope snatched away from me. I tried to move my legs, and the same with my arms, but they seemed to be frosted over. I was loosing body heat quickly, and I started to feel dizzy, more so than I already was.

I murky waters seemed to give a victory smirk as it swallowed me whole. I looked up at the raining sky, my eyes full of invisible tears.

In these last moments of desperation, I thought of my little sister, who was barley starting pre-school. I thought of my mother, who warned me oh-so-desperately to stay away from the sea. I thought of all my friends, who's smiling faces I would never get to see again. Finally, I thought of James. His arrogant smile that I've grown to love so much. The feel of his lips on mine. I thought of how they were snatched away from me by greed and lust.

In these last moments, I felt at peace. I could die like this, and I would be okay.

But of course he wouldn't let that happen.

Strong arms wrapped around my frail waist, pulling me into a rock-hard chest. The gills on his neck tickling my ear, making me flinch. I knew his lips curved into the smirk that I forlornly wanted to stomp in. A deep chuckle resonated within his chest.

"Aww, you're so sexy when you try to escape me." He started, lust lacing his voice. He turned me around, yet his big hands never let my waist go. I stared into his deep cerulean orbs. They would be beautiful if they weren't hosts to such a psychopathic. . . Thing. He disturbed the serene waters.

"You did try hard, so I'll give you that."

He stared at me for a couple moments before leaning in. His cold lips brushed mine as I felt my consciousness start to slip away.

"Get this through your thick skull. You're mine, and mine alone."

The last thing I felt was his cold, blue-tinted lips against mine.

Then, everything turned black.