News + Art

So, today I've decided to tell you guys about something. It's been going on for a little while now and while it's not too serious, like something grave or anything, but I think that now would be as good a time as any. Anyway, here goes.

🎉I'm officially a Furry as of today!🎉

I know that I've alluded to this before, but I haven't actually declared it as of today. I'm excited yet terrified to announce this. It really means a lot to me, and I hope you guys are accepting of this. I mean, I'm not sure how you wouldn't know (I literally have a 28 book reading list just for Furry books, come on) but this is still my official announcement. I've already told some of my personal friends (I'm pretty sure that Cecilia-blaze and zombiepeasant know), but they may have thought I was joking. I come off that way sometimes. =^~^=

If you don't know what a Furry is or are unclear on the subject, I'll give you a quick breakdown: Furries are a fandom of people who enjoy anthropomorphic animals in media. Anthropomorphic characters (usually shortened as anthro in the fandom) are non-human characters with human-like qualities like walking, talking, wearing clothes, and other things. Some famous examples of anthro animals are Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, Sonic the Hedgehog, and all of the characters in Zootopia. Furries have an interest in anthro animals. Some even like to create their own characters to represent themselves (which are called fursonas) and a small portion will even spend lots of money to buy a fursuit, which is sort of like a customized mascot suit to represent your character.

^Sorry for that word dump. Before you ask, no, I do not expect you to adjust immediately or become a Furry yourself in order to be my friend, no, I don't believe I am or ever was really an animal of any kind (that is therianthropy), yes I do plan to work on exclusively Furry projects in the future, and there won't be a large change in my personality or anything. All this means is that I'm comfortable enough to share another part of myself with you guys now! If you have any questions for me, I will be happy to answer them. Just leave them in the comments. You can probably expect more anthro art from me now as well. Speaking of that, here's the art I promised!

This is Yukon Jones, my fursona! She is a grolar bear, which is a hybrid of a grizzly and polar bear

This is Yukon Jones, my fursona! She is a grolar bear, which is a hybrid of a grizzly and polar bear. And yes, they really do exist! Here's a photo of one:

I chose this animal because I wanted to go for a woodsy yet Northern vibe with Yukon

I chose this animal because I wanted to go for a woodsy yet Northern vibe with Yukon. I knew that I wanted a bear fursona (which I'll detail shortly) but I couldn't decide which bear to choose. Once I found out about these hybrids, I knew that they were the best choice for me because they combined the two animals that I couldn't decide between very nicely.

I chose a bear because I can see a bit of my personality in some of the ways that they act. For example, bears can generally be kind of lazy and full-on shut down once it gets too cold for them. They are also pretty protective, and will straight-up fvck you up if you get between them and what they love. I feel like I relate to these characteristics in a way. That's why I chose a bear.

Before I go, I'm gonna drop some quick facts about Yukon:

✨Yukon is not her real name, it is a nickname!
✨Yukon's real full name is Shannon Gloria Jones. She doesn't like it.
✨She is an amateur cryptozoologist and travels all over in attempts to capture cryptids on film.
✨Yukon is a Capricorn. She was born on December 30th.
✨The owl that is shown in the ref is called Moonface, and he is Yukon's pet. She rescued him from a trap.
✨Yukon doesn't wear pants. No reason.
✨She is bisexual.
✨Yukon also works part-time as a photographer. This is how she earns a living.
✨When she was a kid, Yukon ran away and lived in the woods by her old home for three days. She survived alright, but she heard unusual sounds out in the woods. After trying to investigate these, she fell in love with cryptozoology.
✨Yukon is usually pretty calm, but she will fight you if needed.
✨She can be very stubborn.
✨Like a real bear, Yukon gets very drowsy in the winter and has to spend less time out in the woods. It frustrates her.
✨Her favourite colour is green.
✨Her theme song is "The Stranger" by Lord Huron. Give it a listen:

That's all for now. Thanks for reading. I'll have posted the announcement in Still Here, Still Dumb, as well. I can't thank you enough for being supportive of me. It means the world.