Chapter 3

Here's chapter 3.

----------------

Main POV

"are you related to Paul Lane?". My eyes widen.

How does this guy know him?!

"y..yes.... He's my father..." I stutter out. Now it's his turn for his eye's to widen.

*******************

Kyler's POV

"y..yes.... He's my father..." he says.

I can't believe it! I found him already! I knew they looked alike!

"My name is Kyler. Kyler Frey. It's nice to finally meet you!" I say. "My name is Ren. Ren Lane. What do you mean by finally?" he says

"well Ren. What do you know about your father?" I ask. "all I know about him is that he wasn't there while I was growing up. Why?" he says

Ouch. Anger towards father noted. Here it goes "Your father was a pirate. Not only a pirate but a captain. He recently passed away and he said he wants his son to take over for him." I say.

His eyes widen and he looks confused. "wh..what does that m... mean?" he stammers.

"You, Ren Lane, are now the captain of a ship and crew." I say. The kid now looks scared. "no! I can't be! I can't lead anyone! I'm not good at that type of thing!" he says. "but you have to be. Your the new captain already. That's the reason I'm here. To find our new captain and I found him! You!"

Ren is looking even more scared if even possible now. He looks down at the ground and says "I can't even protect myself from some perverts. How can I protect a whole crew?" he looks sad when he says this. I then have an idea. "be captain for a month and by the end if you don't want to be captain anymore you can give the job to someone else!"

*************

Ren's POV

"be captain for a month and by the end if you don't want to be captain anymore you can give the job to someone else!" he says.

I blink. Ok. So if I say no what would happen? Yet again, why not give it a try? "Ok. I'll try it out for a month."

--------------

Ok. Don't get mad. I know this chapter is extremely short but it didn't feel right adding anything else. It's mainly a chapter to explain the situation.

Also, sorry for the weight. I usually wright my chapters on my IPod and then upload them when at school when at lunch but my school has recently banned electronic devices completely. If you wanna know why, I'm gonna wright a thing soon about stupid rules in my school and reasoning and things like that.