2.

GAVIN munched on more popcorn as Chloe and PJ sat on the couch with their eyes glued to the T.V.

The woman in the movie sung, "Hush, little baby, don't say a word. Mommy's gonna buy you a mockingbird."

The baby girl in the carriage cooed as her little legs kicked in the air.

"And if that mockingbird won't sing, Mommy's gonna buy you a diamond ring," the woman continued, holding the baby's head gently.

The woman's voice grew softer as the baby girl grew silent, slowing falling into a deep sleep.

It was towards the end of the movie, and the woman's identity had not been revealed yet.

PJ held tight onto Milo. Chloe nudged closer to him and wrapped her arms around him, protecting him.

Chloe acted as if she wasn't scared, but deep down, she was terrified. PJ felt safer in Chloe's soft arms, but she was just as scared as PJ, only she was better at hiding it.

"Is she gonna kill the baby?" PJ's sweet voice pierced the silence in the room. He turned his head towards Chloe and Gavin looking for an answer.

"I don't know." Gavin replied.

PJ turned to Chloe. She only shrugged.

Once the baby was asleep, the mother placed her hand on the edge of the crib. The camera sneaked closer and panned around to reveal her face.

PJ turned his head away from the image of the woman's face covered in paper. No facial features, no mouth, no nose, no eyes, just a face made of paper.

Her greasy hair flew in the air as if it were smoke. Each strand swayed back and forth like a kindling fire.

Her long crickety limbs extended to long spider like fingers and toes. Her arms, wrists, and knees bent inwards, making her look feeble and weak.

When the camera panned away and came back, the woman's appearance changed to normal as if nothing had happened.

"Don't look at me! Mike!" the woman shouted, her voice layered with other female voices.

The woman's eyes held fear and anger as her arms reached out towards the camera to hide her true image.

And with that, the screen went black.

"Is it done? Is the movie over?" PJ asked, slightly lifting his head and turning it towards the T.V.

"I guess so." Gavin sighed, "What movie is this anyways?" He got up on his feet and ejected the tape. On the front were some poorly sketched words. One of them read: HUSH. He assumed it was the title of the movie.

"I want to go to bed." PJ said, his voice trembling as he squeezed Milo tighter.

"Alright fine, let's go to bed. Maybe we can watch another scary movie tomorrow," Gavin suggested.

Chloe glared her eyes and slowly shook her head. She nudged her head towards PJ and mouthed the words, 'He's scared. No!'.

"Never mind, lets just go to bed," Gavin said with a fake smile to appease PJ's wishes.

Chloe took PJ's hand as they walked up to their bedrooms. Milo the purple monkey dragged on the floor behind him.

Meanwhile, Gavin put away the popcorn bowls and before heading upstairs, he picked up the tape once again. His thumb glid across the word HUSH.

"Lame," he said, almost laughing. 

***