Chapter 14: Not The Only Ones Here

Start from the beginning

Her eyes cold and almost dead looking with her glare and evil eye. I toss her a knife and she catches it with her left hand before pressing it onto his neck, the skin on the verge of breaking but yet still intact. "OKAY OKAY ITS REGIN." He exclaims as he held his hands up. "I'm not a janitor but I am doing my job and I'd greatly appreciate it if you let me go now." Ranger laughs, "That's what you get for angering them." Jennifer looks at me for approval and I nod my head. She removes the knife and slowly puts her leg down. "Just so you know you're paying for the wall." I inform her and she clicks her tongue before grabbing Ranger and the others, "Let's go, those two can settle it themselves."

REGIN/??? POV

I watch as the girl with the scary eyes walk away with Ranger and some other people that seems my age. A pair of fingers snap in front of me twice making me double back. "What?" I demand from the girl in the white dress and mask. She was holding my double scythe, one in each hand. "So," she twirls them around, "you own these?" Oh damn it, I forgot to pick those up.

"Yes and I'd like them returned." I step forward to grab them but she moves out of the way. "Tell me why you're here." She asks as she continues twirling them by the chain, suddenly she pulls hard on each one in the opposite direction and the chain stiffens, activating the second formation. The second layer hidden inside the handles extended and connected to make one long handle, either ends being the scythes. "Ooh, fancy." She tosses it to me and started walking away. "Well at least I know now you're a current enemy."

"What? Why am I an enemy to you?" I ask confused. She looks at me and smiles, "We're taking the jewels." She makes her way into the main room. How did she...oh god. I turn the weapon over and I realize I had forgotten about the to-do list I stuck on the handle. I sigh deeply, frustrated that I let myself be seen so weak. "No matter, I'll just take the jewels, get my money, go home, and have a cup of yogurt." I reassure myself as I returned my weapon to its first formation and put it around my waist. I take the janitor's uniform off which revealed my assassin clothes.

I was wearing a black tee with a leather jacket over it and jeans with black converse. I run my hand through my black hair to let it settle back as I had tried to change it when I was in disguise. "Okay, let's go," I blink, realizing what I was doing, "and I'm talking to myself." I started walking through different hallways, trying to figure out which room is the safe.

JENNIFER/OO9 POV

I duck behind a desk, the bullets barely touching me as they whizz past. I lean out, trying to shoot with Kuroo but the bullets came again and I duck behind. I jump behind another desk, using the opportunity to shoot again. I managed to hit two of the men which left only one. He finally ran out of bullets and I step out, "Finally, I thought I would never kill you." I spin Kuroo on my right fingers as I approached him. He is still trying to shoot despite the barrel being empty.

I kick the gun out of his hand and catch it. "Thank you and goodbye." I shoot the guy between the eyes and he falls against a wall, I didn't even notice he moved back. I turn on my communicator to check on the others, "Study room clear, how's the library?" There was static before Tricia's voice came on, she was panting slightly.

"All...clear. You know, I liked books until they were thrown at me." She pants. "Don't they have guns?" I ask. "I took it away when they were walking down the hallway but they noticed me right as I turned into the library. And then they had this great idea to throw books at me." Her tone turns sarcastic at the end.