Part 3

I hadnt realized that i'd dozed off until a knock at the door jolted me awake. "Come in," i say loudly. The door opens, and i hear sharp, almost metallic footsteps approach on the tiled floor. "Dr. Ziegler?" A familiar voice calls out. 
"Genji? Is that you?" I reach out towards the voice and feel two metal hands gently grab my own.
"Yes, it's me. I'm going to be your caretaker, i hope that's alright with you, Doctor." I absentmindedly run a thumb over the grooves of his hands, "Of course it's alright. And please, call me Angela. How is your new body? Is it more comfortable now?"
"It is! I am very grateful that you helped rebuild me when I arrived here Doc- i mean, Angela." He chuckles "That's actually the reason why i volunteered to be your caretaker. To repay you for all of the troubles i have caused." He pulls up a chair, its metal legs scrape noisily against the floor.
"Oh Genji, you didnt need to do that. I'll just be a bother to you," I move to prop myself against my pillow and he helps me sit up. "But I do want to help you," He says earnestly, "it wouldnt sit right with me if i just let you suffer here on your own."
I sigh. "Oh, alright. I'll let you be my guide dog." That earns another chuckle from him and i smile.

We talk for a little while longer and i slowly get used to conversing with someone without seeing their facial expressions. I notice that when he smiles, i can hear it in his voice. It's a lovely thing to hear, especially since it's coming from the man who only felt bitterness and anger when he first agreed to join us.