Chapter 3: Zen Wistaria (Snow White with the Red Hair/Akagami no Shirayuki-hime)

Start from the beginning

You skinned the rabbit and decided the next thing to do would be to look for a river. You took the sticks from your pocket, put them in a tipi position, added some dried leaves that you found around you, put them at the bottom and struck a match. Soon, you had a fire going, but you didn't know for how long.

It took an hour to get the fire going and cook the rabbit going at the same time. It was midday, you decided, when you ate some cooked rabbit. After the meal, you went looking for more kindling, a river maybe and tested out your skills. You could run at a great speed, and your stamina seemed to be pretty good as well, you climbed trees very well and could jump from tree to tree. It was like playing in a jungle gym playground. Your body moved without you really thinking. You were surprised with how quiet you could stay as well.

You found a river and stopped there to rest a bit. You flipped through the journal to look for any information on drinking water. But you were too thirsty and drank straight from the river, it was clean enough anyways. In your utility belt, there was a jar and you filled that with water.

You got up and went back to the cave without any trouble. Next time, you'll simply listen for the calming running of the water.

You cleaned the rabbit fur and set it to dry over a branch. Just then, your ears picked up something, there was a noise, some hooves maybe? That came from the north? The hooves slowed down and footsteps landed on the ground. You heard rustling in the trees as well. Another person, you guessed.

Curiosity got the best of you and you moved towards the noise. From in the trees, you saw a boy with white hair, who seemed to be in his early twenties. You also saw another boy, with something on his forehead, jumping along the trees who also seemed to be in his early twenties. They had a horse with them, the boy with white hair wore expensive looking clothes, the guy in the trees wore really comfortable clothing that would be good when sneaking up on someone. You jumped to another tree and then jumped down, you ran a bit further away from them, so you could see them, but they couldn't see you.

Obi's P.O.V:

Obi heard a slight movement from in the trees a little further away from them. When he turned to look, there wasn't anyone there, he decided that it must be the wind. He hadn't heard any breathing and there shouldn't be anyone in the forests.

"So, Prince, where exactly are we going?" Obi asked.

"Well, I was planning to go to a waterfall, maybe train under there, but it seems as though we might not make it 'till late at night. So now I'm looking for a good place to rest for the night." Zen explained.

"I see." Obi replied. There was a quick blur on his right but he couldn't quite make out what it was, it was going really fast.

"Prince set up a fire when you find a place, won't you?" Obi told the prince. He set off to follow the blur.

Your P.O.V:

Prince! The guy with the white hair was a prince! That must mean the other guy is a sort of guard or something. No matter, you had to get to your cave before they go to it and claim it as their own. You heard footsteps a good few metres behind you, someone was following you, probably the guard. You searched your utility belt for something and found your slingshot, you turned around and shot a rock at him. Then you proceeded to sprint to your cave with a good pace.

You put down your findings inside, took multiple daggers and went outside the cave and to wait for the guy.

"So protecting your habitat, huh?" A voice said from in the trees. You shot a dagger in that direction and another in the spot you predicted he'd move to. He was pinned to the tree when you turned to look.