shattered and a lot more.

13.

shattered and a lot more.

"Come home darling, it's your only hope" -Alexei

__________________

It seemed as if the sky was calming her down. The more she stayed outside the more her heavy heart felt better.

Inside the music had stopped a long time ago, instead more upbeat music had started playing.

Well Cat would know, she was the one who organized the playlist.

In her mind, she knew she couldn't cry, in her mind she was starving for revenge. But all she wanted to do was escape this party and just take a breather.

A breather would calm her down, help her think clearly.

The sound of someone entering the deck made her stand up straight.

She knew behind her stood Alexei, she could smell his cologne, his heavenly scent.

But at this moment the anger that coursed through her body had overtook her mind.

She turned around, ready to give him a piece of her mind, when she noticed the handcuffs in his hands.

She gasped as she realized what they were.

The grey metal handcuffs represented an omega. The represented someone kept in imprisonment for their wrong actions. They were a sign of degradation and indignity.

They were the ultimate sign of nothing, worthless.

Her eyes were focused on the handcuffs but they soon travelled up to meet the eyes of the person holding it.

She glared at Alexei, hid her hurt feelings, her sadness well.

"Why?" She asked the single question. It was all she wanted to know.

His eyes were cold and unforgiving, no emotion passed through him. His lips curled into a mocking smirk as he shook his head and grabbed her wrist.

Cat was well aware of the guest who sneaked glances at them, some blatantly staring. She knew that she couldn't make a scene but she would.

Her hands struggled out of his hold, she pulled herself away from him. Cat's countless fitness exercises, running and weight lifting helped, so did her defense classes. She slipped out of his hold and backed away.

"Don't make me come for you Catherine, cause I will hold you down, I will hurt you if I have to," his words were chilling, they ignited some fear in her but she shook her head and scowled at him.

"Only a man insecure of his own strength, guilty of his own conscious will ever hurt a women to prove his dominance to this cruel world," she spat at him.

She knew everybody could hear their words and she took her chance.

"And only a man scared of his own mates power over him, scared of love. A scaredy cat will ever hurt his mate because it's not that he's stronger but he's more coward. A man just like you," she announced louder.

Cat knew what she had implied, she had said that Alexei was her mate and vice versa.

A secret that Alexei wanted to keep hidden, even though many will not believe even now, a seed of doubt will always remain in their minds.

Alexei's expression changed into one of malice and hot white anger.

Cat stepped closer till her body was pressed against his. She knew that no matter what, Alexei was a man who could be manipulated and teased by her touch.

She slid her hands on his abs till one hand touched his face. Cat knew that everyone was watching them and most were surprised at their Alpha who looked like he was enjoying the moment.

She caressed his cheek stopped only to kiss it. Then she brought her mouth towards his ear, nibbling on it before she whispered, "Don't play a game in which you don't even know your opponents strength."

Alexei quickly snapped out of his daze and growled. "Have fun with your girls, I'm out of here" Cat answered smirking and nodding to the girl Alexei had been flirting with.

She walked past him, taking longer strides but he grabbed her wrist, "there will be consequences" he answered.

His voice sending shivers down her spine, fear settling into her but she shook her head.

Quickly walking through the crowd, she only stopped to grab two flutes of champagne before exiting the marquee and walking to the castle.

****

After about ten minutes of searching she finally found her way back to the room.

Before her tears could unleash, Cat stepped out of the gowns and heels only in her underwear and makeup before she slumped on the bed.

Hot tears rolled down her face, absolutely destroying her makeup. Her heart felt heavy and sad.

The thoughts that rolled inside her mind weren't any better.

But she quickly wiped down her tears in fear of anyone seeing her in this state.

The kitchen was illuminated perfectly as she cooked herself dinner and eat it alone while watching The Bachelor.

Her drink of choice was some tequila. She was halfway through the bottle, well aware that it was 4 am when she heard the door open.

Still in her underwear and intoxicated she didn't care who saw her. She barely lifted her heard to see Alexei staring at her, his arms crossed.

Cat groaned and grabbed her tequila bottle, her lime and salt before taking another shot. Her legs were sprawled in front of her.

She didn't remember much of that night except that Alexei had grabbed the bottle away from her and carried her to their bedroom before sobering her up and tugging a T-shirt on her.

When she woke up the next morning, the first thing she saw was his sleeping face.

And like every other morning and night, the distance between them in the humongous bed just signified and represented their relationship well.

****

Filler chapter, I'm already writing the next chapter and hopefully that will be up soon enough. I wrote this in the morning and finished the whole chapter after having a spark of inspo. So it's unedited and rushed but it's important because it emphasizes Cats feelings and emotions at this point.