Laughing, he stands up to retrieve a drink from the cart. "Yes, he was speaking to me Claudia. As of your eighteenth birthday, I became a Lord and your mother became a Lady." I watch as my father's eyes light up as my mother smacks him on his shoulder for his wording.

"He gave you status? Why hadn't you told me before?" They had a month to divulge that information. Why hadn't they?

"That would be because I told your father not to Claudia. I figured if you found out before you and Caden started to get along it would put pressure on you to push yourself into something you weren't too sure about. Letting you get to know Caden without knowing he gave us titles would guarantee you wouldn't have mixed emotions."

Contemplating her answer, I had to agree. I would have felt guilty for not giving him more. The gift of titles to servants is a tremendous achievement. "Thank you for keeping it a secret."

Hurried footsteps and a door closing brings us out of our little family moment.

"You would not believe what I saw," Theo sputters out with glee. He was bouncing around as if on a sugar high.

"Tell us what you saw before your head explodes and your blood ruins the carpet," Taylor mocks. Laughter twinkling in his eyes.

"Someone's mate is sitting outside the door looking oh so lost and empty. I believe that kiss of yours has him craving for more." Razing his eye brows up and down he points his head at the door.

"What?" He can't be serious. "Has he been sitting there since I left him there a few hours ago?" Why would he stay?

"Maybe he figured you might come out and invite him in," my mother whispered with glee.

"How would I do that if I didn't know he was sitting out there?" Walls are not see through.

"Honey, I know this mate business is all new to you. Being with your mother all these years, I might be able to shed some light on your confused mind." All our attention relocated to my father's. "He was denied you for eight years, to come to find out you were right under his nose. Right after finding you, a kidnapping happened and he feared he would lose you all over again. Instead of showering you with love, as he should have done, he caved in on himself. Figuring it would be safer for you to stay inside. Once that backfired and you nearly died because of it, he lost it."

"Lost it, how?" He looked normal today.

"During the first week of your coma he growled at anyone who came within reaching distance of the bed. Fear overcame him. Anyone and everyone was a threat of stealing you away. We caught him in wolf form a few times standing protectively over your body a few times. Snarling at male doctors and servants. His father had to come in and command him to calm down. I've never seen a man scared out of his mind like Caden. That man sitting outside your door is frightened to death that you will leave him, voluntary or not."

"I kissed him father, I figured that would assure him I'm not leaving." At least I figured it would. Maybe I need lessons on understanding men. I wonder if Theo or Nik would be up to the task.

"Oh my dear sweet Claudia. That man of yours doesn't want to be away from you. Sitting outside the door is his way of being close. As the servants enter and exit our room he receives a glimpse of you, possibly even hearing your musical laugh. Sadly to say, you have a pup nipping at your heels."

"Oh." What was I supposed to say to that? I knew he had out done himself with our first date, but I had no clue he would continue to vie for my attention.

As time went on, my brother popped in a second movie. Dimming the lights we sat back and watched as the characters played out their perfect roles.

For the first forty minutes I had no recollection of what had transpired. My mind was solely on the silent handsome man sitting not thirty feet away behind a solid oak door.