[15]

A/n a little R rated part below but I mean, not that bad if you ask me. Haha

---

Camila pov

I swung my bag over my shoulder and walked down the stairs towards the front door. Swinging the door open I see my mom walking back inside, I arch my eyebrow.

"Mom?" I said confused. Her eyes were swollen as if she had been crying all night.

"Did you just get home?" I asked confused.

She shook her head. "No mija, I left my file in the car and I needed to get it."

I nod my head slowly. "Working home today?"

She nods her head. "So Sofi is staying home?" My mom nods again and I quickly pull her into a hug.

"I can stay too if you want." I mumble into her hair. She shakes her head and pulls away.

"You've missed so many days already." She says kissing my cheek, "we can talk afterwards."

I smile slightly and walk outside. As I shut the door behind me it takes all my willpower to not just run back in and tell her I'm staying home no matter what. But the look she gave me, scared me. What did we have to talk about?

"Hey!" I heard Dinah yell as she walked in front of me. I shook my head to get out of my daze and smiled slightly at her.

"What's the matter?" She said grabbing my hand.

"Nothing." I mumbled but Dinah just shook her head.

"It's your mom huh?" I looked at Dinah oddly. "Saw her this morning out my window." She pointed to her rooms window. "Looked like she had been crying."

I nod my head and try to turn around to go back in the house but Dinah grabs a hold of me.

"I should stay home." I whisper.

"That's exactly what you shouldn't do." She says squeezing my hand. "Your mom needs time to figure out how to explain to you whatever is going on with her. Give her today to gather her thoughts, she's been through so much." I nod my head and hug Dinah.

"Wise one you are." I say laughing as I pull away.

She winks at me. "Obviously."

"do I get a hug too?" I hear Lauren say as she walks up towards us.

Instantly feeling a sense of calm I wrap my arms around her. Hesitantly she does the same. I decide to let her hold me for a little bit and I feel her grip on me tighten.

"Are you okay?" I hear her whisper in my ear.

I sigh and melt more into the hug. I wrap my arms around tighter.

"Not to ruin your moment guys but I can't be late for school." Dinah says from Lauren's car. I look at her and roll my eyes. Pulling away I smile at Lauren.

"Sorry."

She nods her head. "It's okay."

Walking past her I head into the back seat. As soon as I slide in I see Chris walk out the house. We catch each other's eyes and he waves at me. Eventually I decide to wave back and he smiles a bit.

--

"So you and Lauren." Dinah says as we walk to our lockers.

"What about us?"

She shrugs her shoulders. "Nothing."

I laugh and smack her shoulder. "What?" I say.

She smiles. "You don't understand how happy you've made her. She's finally stopped mopping around."