The treehouse

A brother and a sister, Giuliana and Reggie, moved to a town called Summerville, in the middle of the summer. Giuliana was going to be going into the seventh grade and Reggie would be going into the sixth grade. They didn't know anyone in Summerville so they spent most of the summer together. One hot, lazy day they were having trouble deciding what to do.

"How about we go play baseball?" suggested Reggie.

"That's all you ever want to do!" complained Giuliana "Why don't we go to the park?"

"We did that yesterday" insisted Reggie. They put their hands under their chins ans sighed. Their mom came in the room and saw them lazing around the house.

"Why don't you clean up the backyard" she said "There are plenty of leaves to rake. The children groaned and their mother gave them her best I-am-your-mother-and-you-cannot-avoid-your-chores look. Giuliana and Reggie sighed again, but went outside to get the rakes from the shed. They began raking the yard, when all of a sudden, Reggie stopped.

"Aren't you going to help?" Giuliana asked testily.

"Look what I found!" cried Reggie, pointing up at the old oak tree. Giuliana followed his finger and saw that there was an old tree house up in the tree. She gasped in surprise and hurriedly looked around the tree for a ladder. She soon spotted planks of wood nailed into the tree, and began climbing up.

"What for me!" shouted Reggie from the grass, and followed her up the ladder. They both looked around the tree house and found it empty, except for a small box in the corner.

"What's that?" wondered Giuliana aloud. She picked up the box and opened it. It was a music box. It started playing eerie music. The figure in the middle was two small children crying.

"What kind of sick music box is this?" said Giuliana, and all of a sudden the light in the tree house grew brighter and brighter. Reggie and Giuliana clutched each other and screamed...

*****************************

"I wonder what's up in this tree house?" said Elizabeth to her older sister, Abby. Elizabeth looked at her sister with pleading eyes. It would be the most fun she had since they moved to Summerville.

"Fine" muttered Abby, not looking up from texting "Just don't get hurt." Elizabeth squealed with pleasure and eagerly climbed up the ladder. She found it was empty except for a small box in the corner. She picked it up and looked inside. It was a music box. It started playing eerie music. The figurine in the middle was two children clutching each other, the mouths open in silent screams.....