FOURTEEN

Aspen's eyes peeled open slowly before she immediately closed them, not wanting to be awake. She was far too comfortable to get out of the covers, so she simply cuddled closer into the warmth. Only when she felt an arm wrap around her and pull her closer did she snap her eyes open and come to her senses.

She pulled her head back from the gray surface it was laying on to see Peter laying asleep. Her movements caused the boy to stir and when his eyes opened, he blinked a few times trying to figure out where he was. Aspen herself was still trying to figure that out, but it only took moments for the both of them to realize what had happened.

Peter had fallen asleep in Aspen's bed last night while comforting her, and the two had ended up cuddling. 

They both let out matching screeches and pulled away from each other abruptly. Aspen hit her head on the ceiling and Peter fell completely over the railing, falling onto the floor below them. 

"Oh my god!" Aspen shouted, leaning over to look at Peter who was sprawled out on the floor in pain. "I'm so sorry!" She called out as he groaned in pain.

The boy closed his eyes before sitting up and rubbing his head. "I'm good!" He called, raising his hand in her direction and slowly standing up. 

In those moments, the teens made an unspoken agreement to never ever speak of what happened just using their eyes. Aspen mouth was still agape and it remained that way as Peter went to the bathroom to get ready. 

Shaking her head, she climbed down from the top bunk and got ready herself. When she exited Peter's room she saw Aunt May in the kitchen.

"Good morning, May." She said with a small smile.

"Morning, Aspen!" The woman cheerfully spoke. "Coffee?" She offered with the raise of her eyebrow.

"Oh, no thank you, I don't like coffee." Aspen kindly declined.

May nodded and looked at the girl hard, like she was studying her face. Aspen grew uncomfortable under May's watch and played with her necklace.

"Are you sure you're alright? You really scared us last night.." May said, her voice dying out.

Aspen gave the woman a closed mouth grin and let out a breath. "I'm okay, I promise. I just have recurring dreams that tend to freak me out a bit."

May reached out and placed a warm hand on Aspen's cold one. "If you ever need to talk about anything, I'll be here." She offered a warm smile and Aspen gave a real one back. 

There goes a Parker's being the kindest person on earth again. 

Aspen had only just met May, but she could already tell how amazing she was. The young Blue didn't know what happened to Peter's parents, nor if May was ever married or not, but she could tell that the two had been through a lot together. Aspen heavily respected the woman and the fact that she was able to help raise Peter, an annoying fifteen year old boy, to be the kind person that he is made her even more of an angel. 

"Hey, May," Aspen said, gaining the brunettes attention. "I know it probably doesn't mean much coming from a fifteen year old girl that you just met, but you are doing a really amazing job at raising Peter. I can tell that he gets all of his kindness from you."

Aunt May stopped in her tracks, setting her coffee cup down on the table and looking at the young girl with bright eyes. May had never met a teenager like Aspen Blue. It was like the girl always knew what to say. She was mature beyond her years and smart, and May wanted nothing more than for her and Peter to continue to be friends. 

"That means the world to me, Aspen. Thank you."

Aspen laughed obnoxiously loud at Peter, nearly spitting her hot chocolate everywhere. The two teens decided to go to Stacy's, as Aspen had fallen in love with the place and desperately craved a hot beverage.