TEN

"Does your aunt know you're Spiderman?" Aspen asked as the two walked in the direction of Peter's apartment building.

"No. No one does. Well, expect you and Mr. Stark, I guess."

"Then how are you going to explain that bruise on your face?" 

"I don't know."

"And how are you going to explain me being with you for a few days?"

"I don't know."

"Also, does she think you were with Mr. Stark on a trip this whole time?"

"I don't kn-" Peter started to automatically respond before shaking his head and starting over, "Yes, she thinks I've been on a retreat."

Aspen made a "hmm" sound and continued walking, hiking her bag up on her shoulder before it fell.

Aspen observed her surroundings as they entered the building. She was lost in thought, simply following Peter as he went, not really paying attention to what she was doing. So, once they exited the elevator and made their way to the proper apartment, Aspen didn't realize Peter had stopped moving and ran right into his back.

"Sorry," she mumbled under her breath after he glared at her. 

"Aunt May, I'm home!" Peter called, pushing the door open wide enough for Aspen to enter. 

"Peter!" She heard a female voice call before a beautiful brunette came barreling into the room and slammed the boy into a hug.

"I've missed you! Was it fun? How was Mr. Stark? Did you miss my cooking?" She fired question after question at the boy before pulling away and looking at him with a gasp similar to Aspen's. "What happened to your eye?" She exclaimed, placing her hands on his shoulders. 

Aspen watched the scene from her spot in the doorway with pure admiration. The woman reminded her of her mother, the way she talked and acted, and she could't help but feel her heart gush as she watched May love on Peter. 

"Uh-" Peter started only to be cut off by Aunt May.

"Who was it? Who hit you?" She asked with a stern look on his face, still failing to notice Aspen in the background.

"Some guy.." Peter said, attempting to be casual. 

Aspen nearly slapped her hand against her forehead.

"What's 'some guys' name?" She asked, clearly wanting more information.

"Uh, Steve." Peter responded, and Aspen really did smack her forehead that time. 

"Steve? From 12-C? With the overbite?" 

"No, no, no. You don't know him. He's from Brooklyn." 

"Well," Aunt May said, satisfied with his answer, "I hope you got a few good licks in." 

"Yeah, I got quite a few in actually. His friend was huge. Like huge." Peter said with a smile, causing Aspen to roll her eyes.

"Okay, tough guy." May said before finally noticing Aspen's presence. "Oh, Hello!" She said slightly surprised, sending Peter a look, "Peter, who's this?"

"I'm Aspen Blue," she said, stepping towards the woman and sticking her hand out. 

"Nice to meet you, but, not to be rude or anything, what are you doing here?" May said, looking at Peter in hopes of getting an explanation. 

"Uh," Peter said, glancing at the young Blue, "Aspen why don't you tell her you're better at explaining it." 

Aspen looked at the boy with wide eyes and gave a tight smile, turning to face Aunt May. "Right, of course, uh well, I was at the retreat with him and Mr. Stark, and Tony said that he wanted to speak with both of us when he got back so I'm-" She paused, not knowing what to say next.