Storm, Confessing, and Kisses (Zane x Jay)

Start from the beginning

A few minutes passed and I was standing in the living room. All the windows were shut now, but Zane wasn't in the room with me. I walked to the control room and the roaring of thunder was so loud that it made me jump. I looked out the glass in the control room and noticed Zane on the deck. I looked closer and realized that Zane was lying down on his back, but he was smoking a bit. My eyes widened.

"Zane!" I then ran down to the door and frantically opened it. I rushed over to Zane and kneeled down next to him.

"Zane!" I checked his face; Zane's eyes were closed. I then looked at his chest and noticed smoke. I realized that Zane was struck and it hurt him. I was going to have to try and fix him.

I stood up and put my arms under Zane's and lifted him up from his armpits. I was having trouble so I had to drag his legs across the ground. It also didn't help from the wind and the rain hitting me and almost making me fall over.

"Geez Zane. You're heavy." I said to myself. I was trying to stay calm, but I was freaking out inside.

After a few minutes I had him inside. I was dragging Zane to the spare room with all my tools so I could fix him up. The roars and flashes of the thunder and lightning scared me a bit, and the rain was hitting the Bounty hard with help from the strong winds.

I made it to the spare bedroom and laid Zane down on a metal table with much difficulty from him being heavy. I was partially soaked, but I didn't care. I only cared about Zane at this point.

I carefully took Zane's shirt off and set it down. I then opened the panel in Zane's chest and looked it after some smoke went into my face. It was a bit worse than I thought; some wires were fried and out of place, some gears weren't working from the power of the lightning, and some other switches were fried.

"Oh god." I said to myself. "I can't do this. I'll probably just make it worse." I was shaking a bit and very worried. I had to try fixing Zane though.

I loved and cared for Zane so much.

I grabbed some extra wires, gears, and switches that were specifically for Zane, then grabbed some tools so I don't destroy anything else. I also grabbed some oil for the rusty parts. I grabbed one of my tools and looked in Zane's chest panel.

"Don't screw anything up Jay." I said to myself after taking a deep breath. I took some of the fried wires, switches, and gears out carefully and put new ones in. I put the wires back in place and oiled some things. I then stood back to see if Zane would wake up, but he didn't even move an inch. I got worried and looked Zane's chest again.

"Of course I would do something wrong. Good job Jay." I said to myself while starting to fix Zane again, the sound of the storm getting worse.

(Time skip)

JAY P.O.V.~

I was exhausted and I still haven't fixed Zane. I was on the brink of tears, but I tried again and concentrated even more, looking at every wire and put it in place again. I finished and looked at Zane, very eager and nervous.

Zane's eyes fluttered open and were fully blue, then his eyes turned back to his normal icy blue color. Zane looked around a bit and sat up. Zane then looked at me.

"You're okay, aren't you Zane!?" I said, sitting down in a chair. Zane looked down and closed his chest panel.

"My scanner works and it sees nothing wrong. I'm working perfectly." Zane then hung his legs off the side of the metal table and put his shirt back on. "Thank you Jay. I really appreciate you fixing me."

"You're welcome Zane." I then looked at Zane with a stern face. "Why were you outside!?"

"I was moving all the training equipment so they wouldn't get ruined from the storm." Zane answered calmly.

"Well don't do it again!" I stood up and kept my stern face. "I was so worried!"

"Well I'm alright now, Jay. You fixed me. No need to worry too much about me."

"Why wouldn't I worry about you, Zane." A couple tears ran down my face and I wiped them away. "I like you and you mean so much to me." I suddenly realized what I said and blushed, the sound of more thunder making noise in the now silent room.

"You like me?" Said Zane, looking at me. He then smiled. "Well I like you too." I frowned and stopped blushing, picking up my tools and cleaning up things.

"Are you just doing this to benefit me?" I said sadly, my back facing Zane.

"Benefit you? Whatever do you mean Jay?" Asked Zane.

"Are you trying to make me feel better, Zane?" I rephrased.

"Why would I be lying about this when I already do like you, Jay. I'm saying the truth. You should know that." I sighed and sat down in the chair, keeping my head down.

"Jay." Said Zane, making me lift my head up to face him.

"What?" I asked. Zane then leaned down, still sitting on the metal table and gently brushed his lips against mine. My eyes widened and I blushed. As Zane pulled away, I touched my lips with my fingers.

"W-what was t-that for?" I asked while Zane smiled.

"To make you understand my feelings for you. I love you like you love me. When you weren't listening to me, I had to show you instead of tell you." Zane said as I blushed more. I got up and kept looking at Zane.

"S-so are we a couple now?" I asked, playing with my fingers. Zane smiled and stood up in front of me.

"Only if you want to be, Jay?"

"Y-yes. I would like to be." I answered, smiling.

"Good. Thank you again for fixing me. I'm very grateful." Zane stood closer to me.

"Y-you're welcome, Zane." Zane then took a hold on my face.

"May I kiss you again Jay?" I blushes a deep red and nodded.

"Y-yes." Zane then gently put his soft lips to mine and held the kiss. I put my hands on Zane's chest and kissed back, the sound of thunder, rain, and lighting never scaring or fazing us, because we had each other, to love and care for.