I'll Always Be Here For You (Kai x Lloyd)

Hey guys! Here is another chapter with greenflame requested by GleenflameForever!! I hope that you enjoy!
---------------------------------------------

LLOYD P.O.V.~

Everyone was celebrating the defeat of the cursed realm, Morro, and The Preeminent, but I was sitting by the little pond next to the tea shop with my legs up to chin with my arms wrapped around my legs. I wasn't so happy. I've lost my father, who was otherwise known as Garmadon. My father meant the whole world to me, but now he's gone. I mean, I still have his clothes on and I never want to take them off.

I sighed and stared at my reflection in the pond, the ripples in the water messing it up every now and then. I stay sitting there looking at my reflection, but then I hear footsteps. I still didn't move, just imagining what it would be like if my father was still here, sitting down right next to me.

Just then I hear the footsteps stop and I hear a familiar voice.

"Lloyd?" I lift my head up from my knees and turn my head to see Kai standing a few feet away from me, worry showing in his face.

"Hey Kai." I said, turning my head again and looking at my reflection.

"You're not going to celebrate?" Asked Kai.

"I don't really want to." I answered.

"Oh. I remember now. You just lost your father." Kai then walked next to me and sat down. When he sat down a tear rolled down my cheek. Kai apparently noticed. "I'm so sorry Lloyd. I didn't mean...."

"It's okay Kai." I said, wiping my tear away. "You should go back and celebrate with everybody else." I spoke again after a few seconds of silence between us.

"Why would I do that?" I hear Kai say. "I want to help you. I don't want to leave knowing that you are not happy." Kai then moved closer to my side and put his arm around my waist to pull me closer.

"How can you help me?" I asked. "My father's gone and there's no way to bring him back. It hurts knowing that he's gone."

"I know Lloyd, but I know how that feels."

"How do you know how that feels?" Kai looked at me for a second, trying to think, but then he answered.

"Oh right. I haven't told you about my parents." I kept looking at Kai, waiting for him to tell me about his parents. Kai noticed. "Well I lost my mother and father at a young age. And I felt the pain and sadness that you're feeling."

"Oh. I'm so sorry about your parents." I answered.

"It's okay. But what I learned from it is that my parents would want me to always be happy and always stay strong, no matter what happens. And I'm pretty sure that's what your father would want."

I thought about what Kai said for a moment and I think that he's right.

"You're right Kai." I said. "My father would want me to stay strong and always be happy." I looked at Kai and smiled just a tiny bit. Kai smiled back and pulled me closer.

"You also need to remember....." I kept looking at Kai. "That I'll always be here for you, no matter what. And that everyone else will be here for you as well. Don't ever forget that."

"Don't worry Kai. I'll never forget." I then put my head on Kai's shoulder and closed my eyes for a moment. When I opened them again, I see Kai smiling. I look at the water again and see the reflection of Kai and I. Kai has his eyes closed. I smiled. Kai was right.

I smiled, while still looking at the reflection. I now know that my father is smiling because he knows that I'm now happy and knows that I will always stay strong.

I closed my eyes again, and kept my head laid on Kai's shoulder.

'Thank you Kai.' I thought. 'And father..... I'll always smile and be strong for you.' Just then I started to drift off to sleep with Kai right by my side to keep me company.

---------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I really hope that you like this one. I really loved writing this one and I think that I turned out pretty well and hopefully you think so too! Thank you so much for reading this and I'll see you one the next update!