Chapter 3

~Narrators Pov~

As the two boys walked towards school, Iwaizumi noticed how Oikawa walked more closer to him then usual. Usually they have a gap between them as they walk, but now Iwaizumi's shoulder brushed against Oikawa's occasionally. Plus Oikawa was looking at the ground and not talking which wasn't like him at all.

Before Iwaizumi could open his mouth and ask his friend what's wrong, Oikawa suddenly spoke. "Iwa-chan....when we...get to school...no matter what happens, please don't...hate me or see me differently then you did befo-", Iwaizumi cut him off quickly and looked at his friend as they continued walking. "What do you mean hate?! How could I ever hate you Oikawa?" Oikawa just continued staring at the ground as they got closer and closer to the school. "Absolutely nothing could make me feel any different about you. You'll always be my friend..", Iwaizumi said softly. Oikawa suddenly stopped walking. Iwaizumi noticed and stopped too. He saw how tight Oikawa was gripping the left strap of his backpack that hung over his shoulder. "T-thank you Iwaizumi..", Oikawa said as he finally looked up from the ground and faced Iwaizumi for the first time since they've been walking. First Iwaizumi noticed Oikawa had the same face he made when he busted in Iwaizumi's room on that summer day to tell him about his suspicions for his mothers health.

And for the second time since they've met, Iwaizumi found himself subconsciously pulling Oikawa into a gentle hug of comfort. Oikawa wrapped his right arm around him in return since his left hand was keeping his backpack strap in place on his left shoulder. "Do the kids at school bully you?", Iwaizumi suddenly asked as he pulled away from the hug. Oikawa just looked down to avoid eye contact. "Please answer me, Oikawa", he gently pleaded. Suddenly he nodded his head "yes". "They bully me because of my bare wrist", he said. Iwaizumi only nodded and started walking once again, Oikawa followed beside him. "Well they won't hurt you with me around", Iwaizumi promised. The moment those words escaped Iwaizumi's lips, Oikawa's gloomy look was replaced with his signature bright smile. "Thanks Iwa-chan!"

~•~

Once they arrived at school, Iwaizumi started to notice all the unwanted attention Oikawa was getting. People would point at Oikawa and his wrist, then they would turn and whisper things to their friends. Oikawa doesn't seem phased by it, it's like he was used to the attention, Iwaizumi thought. They got their schedules during registration, but have yet to look at each other's schedules. They both walked towards their classroom in comfortable silence. Oikawa's face lit up with joy when he noticed him and Iwaizumi were walking towards the same classroom. At least we have one class together so far, he thought.

Once inside the classroom, Iwaizumi and Oikawa took a seat towards the back, by the window. Iwaizumi took a seat, then looked around the classroom to see who his new classmates for homeroom were. Almost all of them were giving Oikawa and Iwaizumi weird looks. It pissed Iwaizumi off that so many people talked about Oikawa in a negative way just because he didn't have two stupid letters on his wrist.

He turned away from them and towards Oikawa, but Oikawa was staring at their classmates as well. But he seemed...angry. Iwaizumi followed his gaze and noticed he was staring at a group of 3 girls. They were giggling and blushing while glancing over at Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi started to mentally question why Oikawa was staring at them like that until he noticed he was getting unwanted attention from that group. The girls turned towards Iwaizumi and immediately blushed more and turned away when they noticed he had caught them staring. Wait is he mad those girls are staring at me and blushing, Iwaizumi thought. He leaned his arm over the desk towards Oikawa's who sat in front of him. Iwaizumi then snapped his fingers in front of Oikawa's face, snapping the boy out of his trance of glaring daggers into the group of girls. "Huh?", he looked confused like he wasn't aware of what he was doing. "You spaced out for a minute", he explained. "Oh...sorry Iwa-Chan." After that, everyone took a seat as the teacher walked in and started the lesson.