Chapter 4 The Exchange

When I finally got home I trew my backpack on to my bed and slammed my face on my pillow, what a confusing day, I mean come on, Who really was Bryan? Was he the sweet guy that I wanted him to be, or was he the Jerk off that i knew he was? Looking around my room it seemed so empty, some of my favorite quotes here andthere hung on my wall, a beige color on wy walls, and my dark purple bed sitting in the corner. I sighed I have so much homework to do, I got up and walked to my desk and got out my papers, my dog Scruffy walked in. Scruffy was a small dark brown and black Yorkshire Terrior.

'Ring Ring'

My phone buzzed, I looked down at the caller ID, Unknown. I picked up the phone to hear an Unfamiliar voice.

"Who is this?"

"You don't reconize my voice?"

"No, should I?"

"Well duh sweety,"

There was a slight giggle coming from the person speaking, and there were slight whispers coming from the backround. The voices speaking were obviously girls.

"It's Brittney, you know from school"

Oh I thought it was a familiar voice, she was probably just calling for some homework answers.

"Oh, um hi"

"Well anyways, I was wondering the girls and I are having a sleepover on like Friday I was wondering if you wanted to come."

"Um I don't think I can"

"Oh please, it will be super fun"

"Um I'll ask, I guess I'll get back to you tomorrow"

I heard annoying giggles, stupid popular people.

I headed downstairs to get a snack, this was about the time I normally would, hmmm what to have today? Looking through the cabinets for something to chew on I noticed that we haven't been to the Food Market lately. I grabbed a bag of potatoe chips that were clearley ment for maybe Eight people instead of just One. I sighed, great, back up stairs, to do more boring homework. I heard the garage door start to open, and I ran upstairs If my mom see's me not doing homewrok, she will have a fit. My Mom is a Workaholic, and she wants just the same for me, in a way people always think oh If look like her, then I should be like her. When I got to my room Scruffy was barking nonstop, I got out my laptop to make it seem like I was Finalizing my essay.

"Honey, I'm home, I've got a little suprise for you."

That's odd, this is probabley the first time she has ever been happy when getting home from work. I walked downstairs as if it was such a big deal to stop my oh so boring homework, and see what she wanted.

"These, these are what I wanted to show you."

She held up a bunch of Documents that looked pretty official to me.

"What are they."

My mom looked at the papers and then back at me.

"There for our foreign exchange student."

"Our foreign exchange student?"

She nodded and smiled. Well this was kind of sudden, I didn't know what to say, I mean it makes scence, she always wants me to be just like her, and I refuse to even dress like her, so I guess this would be okay. All it means is my mom gets someone my age that she can mentor, and that will give me a break.

"So when is she coming?"

I gestured to the stack of papers still in her hand.

"In a week."

She smiled such a perky smile

"Just one week?"

I practicley screamed, how was I supposed to get everything set up for some chic In one week? I stopped, and thought of the most Important word Exchange.