eight

- s o m e o n e n e w -

disclaimer
*
i do not own any of these characters — they all belong to riverdale along with a bit of the plot. please note this contains inappropriate language. love you guys and thanks for all the support! <3

+ listen to the song above while reading if you'd like :)

_______________________________
j u g h e a d  j o n e s
_______________________________
The sun hovers over the cactus colored grass in a sign of happiness. It feels great to be with Betty again, even if it was just as friends. We were having regular conversation, almost about to curve left.

"What about Archie's?" a sound echoes. As astonishing as her voice was, it seems as if something else was needed to be focused on. Something dangerous. A text pops up on my phone: "Get over here now."

"I have to go." I state rapidly, not speaking further on the cause. Sprinting to the alley, I see my dad's alongside some serpents. A fight was going on, which didn't seem like a big deal, Until I look closer to see who the fight was with. Somehow, my dad was involved with it. Everything went past like a blur, but the piercing sound of a bullet went off in minutes. I glance around in fear, trying to find who got shot. Unfortunately, it turns out my dad.

"Call 9-11!" a serpent yells.

I couldn't bare to watch the rest; the blood loss in his left leg was most likely severe within a blink of an eye. I scurry to my dad's rv and sit down. I think of all I did wrong. All of the things my father will have to remember me by. The fact that he'll never see me graduate. And yes i'm aware that he may not die, but the Jones family never has any good luck. I wipe the tears off my face and decided to reign a fresh start. After grabbing my belongings from the school, I have no other option than to live at home.

*

Days later, I receive a knock on my door.

"Excuse me, Jughead Jones. Your father is going to be in the hospital for a while due to all the blood he lost, therefore we found you a temporary home. Fred Andrews stood up to the opportunity and you will be residing with him and his son until your dad is better." I nod my head and shut the door. If I was living with Fred Andrews, that means that I'd be in a house with Archie. As in Archie Andrews, my ex-best friend that made out with my girl.

*

_______________________________
b e t t y   c o o p e r
_______________________________
Just like any other average teenage girl, I sit on my bed, my head buried in my pillow, thinking about the mess I got myself into. Why would Jug leave me, but most importantly leave me for the Southside? I'd never want to see him get hurt.

The sound of an object being thrown to my window startles me. Opening my curtains, I see Archie in his room, holding a sign reading that he was sorry. Sometimes, he's so extra. I give him a thumbs up and a smile; even if he technically ruined any chances of me and Jug being together, I need friends with all the crap I'm going through.

_______________________________
j u g h e a d  j o n e s
_______________________________
Walking into the Andrews house feels familiar, almost like I had done it everyday. But now, I'd have to do it all the time. Fred welcomes me inside, and things seem like they aren't going to be that horrid. Unfortunately, Archie began to approach me.