『 16 』

❝A Trio Who Knew❞- - -

A Trio Who Knew
- - -

"Celena! Take that injured soldier to the Wall! We'll get Eren and get out of here!"

"R - Roger!" With weakness and tiredness threatening her bones, she put the male cadet's right arm over her shoulders and her left arm around his waist. Celena passed by overhead and almost squealed in fear when the boy was about to slip from her hands.

Come on, Celena. He's unconscious and not dangerous. He won't hurt me. Touching him isn't that big of a deal.

She quickly landed on Wall Rose, and another soldier met up with her at her spot. "Alright, is that the last one?"

Celena nodded as she gasped for air. Strength wasn't her strong suit...

"Hey, are you alright?" Hands moved the male cadet away from Celena, and the ginger rested her palms on her chest in order to slow her heartbeat.

"Y - Yes..." She looked up at the other woman who was talking to her. "Thank you."

When her eyes met the woman's, the young adult froze.

A cloak...

"No problem," The woman's cheerful voice pierced Celena's ears. "I'm Squad Leader Hange Zoë from the Survey Corps! Mind letting me know what happened here in Trost while we were out?"

The Survey Corps! They were back!

Celena gulped as the woman neared closer after inspecting the injured man. "My friends..." Her voice left her body, and her mouth stayed open as a wave of discomfort overcame her.

"Oh, don't worry, we're taking care of that. Shorty's down there." Hange waved it off. "Now, let's get them to safety so we can have our little chat, alright?" She pointed towards the four injured soldiers.

- - -

It took two days to clear the titans out and find the dead in order to send them off to their burials. Many cannons, as well as both the Recon and Garrison soldiers, fought against the remaining titans, and at the end of the third day, soldiers were sent out to find the dead and missing.

Right after helping the injured back to Wall Rose, Celena immediately scattered away from Hange, too afraid to talk to a stranger, hiding from the older woman as she spent the next half hour trying to find the selective mute. She managed to escape the eager Squad Leader before reporting back to Commander Pixis and reuniting with Neo and the others.

Pixis allowed her to rest on the third day, away from all the death and destruction, his words being, "You had helped a great deal, now recover as we may need you in the future."

Mikasa, Armin, and the others of the Elite Squad had time to rest as well. However, Eren was taken away by the Survey Corps for interrogation. As they planned a trial for the life of Eren Yeager, which was said to take place in a month, the newly graduated cadets of the 104th Trainee Survey suffered and mourned for the lives lost in the Battle of Trost. Celena found herself comforting a weeping and distraught Jean, who had discovered the half-eaten body of Marco that night. She remembered patting his back and making sure he felt better before turning around and looking for comfort in the arms of her two friends, Violet and Annie. The weight of the guilt felt heavy in her chest no matter how many times Annie, Bertolt, and Reiner told her it wasn't her fault.