『 35 』

❝A Survivor Stronger than Trauma❞- - -

A Survivor Stronger than Trauma
- - -

Dear Violet,

How are you? I hope that your stationing in District Nedlay isn't stressing you too much.

Regarding the expedition, our group of friends in the Survey Corps are all alive and well. However, I want to apologize for my lack of response. I just read the last of your letters and could tell how extremely worried you were getting these past few weeks. I am better now, but I did get badly hurt by a titan when returning to Wall Rose. It was a horrible experience and my only wish was that I would've been more aware of my surroundings at the time to avoid it. I was bedridden for the last three weeks, but I can assure you, I am mostly healed and on my feet.

Levi tore Celena's attention away from the letter by placing a cup of tea beside her paper. "Drink."

"You d - didn't have to - "

"I did." He raised an eyebrow at her, calmly sitting back down at the table with his cup held strangely in his hand. "The way you make tea is absolute shit."

Levi discovered this a couple of months ago, right after they reconciled their friendship.

Celena absolutely cannot cook.

He figured it was because of her sheltered life as a rich Sina girl; the ginger never needed to make her food as dozens of maids and butlers surrounded her and were prepared to follow every whim. One day, he made the mistake of asking her to bring him his usual black tea. The raven believed Celena knew how to make it, considering all of the past visits where she must've seen him or Farlan prepare it at least once. He was so wrong.

It takes a lot to render Levi Ackerman speechless. But the sight of the cup that Celena gave him that evening many weeks ago entirely stupefied him. He didn't expect her to cut the tea bag open and pour the mashed leaves into the boiling water.

It's safe to declare that Levi never asked Celena to make him a cup of black tea again.

"I didn't think it was wrong..." She murmured to herself, sinking in her chair with bright cheeks.

"All sorts of reasoning flies out of your head whenever cooking is involved." Levi retorted, smirking against the rim of his cup.

Celena was grateful for the lack of comrades in the room.

She would not live this one down.

"Who are you writing to?"

"Ah..." She'd almost forgotten, glancing down at the piece of paper between her resting arms. "A comrade."

Levi hummed in reply, allowing the ginger to get back to her letter while he turned to his paperwork in front of him.

I bring bad news.