9: Anakin Can't Play the Floor is Lava

A/N glad people are enjoying this book!

9: Anakin Can't Play the Floor is Lava

Luke was relieved when Anakin shielded him from the next wave of Darkness. When his father withdrew, Luke knew that Anakin had found out he was Luke's father. Luke could feel his shock and terror at what he became.

Luke was confused by the fact that he was still trapped. He would have thought Anakin intercepting the wave would've been enough. Apparently not. Luke braced himself for the next onslaught. It never came. Instead, a familiar light pierced the Darkness.

Hello, Luke. Qui-Gon said.

"Qui-Gon, why am I still here?" Luke asked.

There is one more thing you must see before you can go back. You need to know how your Father fell. After those words, the Light faded and warped into a vision.

Anakin runs into Palpatine's office in time to hear "You are under arrest, My Lord."

"Anakin! I told you it would come to this. I was right. The Jedi are taking over." Sidious claims.

"You old fool. The oppression of the Sith will never return. Your plot to regain control of the Republic is over . . . you have lost . . ." Master Windu says.

"No! No! You will die!" Sidious exclaims.He raises his hands, and lightning bolts shoot out. They are blocked by Mace's lightsaber. Sidous is pushed back against the window sill.

"He is a traitor, Anakin." Sidious claims.

"He's the traitor. Stop him!" Windu insists.

"Come to your senses, boy. The Jedi are in revolt. They will betray you, just as they betrayed me." Sidious begs. "You are not one of them, Anakin. Don't let him kill me.

"Aarrrrggghhhhh . . ." screams Windu.

"I am your pathway to power. I have the power to save the one you love. You must choose. You must stop him." Sidious convinces.

"Don't listen to him, Anakin." Windu growls.

"Help me! Don't let him kill me. I can't hold on any longer. Ahhhhhhh . . . ahhhhhhh . . . ahhhhhhh!" Sidious fakes.

Windu pushes Sidious out to the edge of the ledge. As the Jedi moves closer, the bolts from Palpatine's hands begin to arch back on him. Luke watches in disgust as the Chancellor's face begins to twist and distort. His eyes become yellow as he struggles to intensify his powers.

"I can't ... I give up. Help me. I am weak ... I am too weak. Don't kill me. I give up. I'm dying. I can't hold on any longer." Sidious claims.

"You Sith disease. I am going to end this once and for all." Mace growls.

"You can't kill him, Master. He must stand trial." Anakin reasons.

"He has too much control of the Senate and the Courts. He is too dangerous to be kept alive." Windu insists.

"I'm too weak. Don't kill me. Please." Sidious whimpers.

"It is not the Jedi way . . ." Anakin insists.

Mace raises his sword to kill Sidious.

"He must live . . ." Anakin begs.

"Please don't, please don't . . ." Sidious cries.