Meet up

"Okay, but what if we-"

"Cinder," Thorne cut her off, "Let's just face it. We have thought of every single plan in the book. None of them are gonna work."

"Why I have to say, I didn't think you'd give hope up so quickly, Thorne." Nevil Onheil appeared on the Net Screen in the meeting room, "Hello, again rampion crew!"

Wolf growled. It was the first thing he had done since his daughter was taken. He had been as silent and distraught as he was when he lost Scarlet.  

"I hope you didn't forget about our little meeting, Selene." 

Cinder fake gasped, "Oh, I would never do such a thing." She glared.

"Well let me be clear, you have 24 hours to get here or one little girl is going to go swimming."

Scarlet snapped her head up. 

"See you soon," the figure waved goodbye.

Cinder cursed under her breath, they would have to go in without a plan. "Well, I better get going." 

"What?"

"I have to go meet this guy."

"Okay, but you didn't think you were going without me right?"

"Um, yeah." She walked towards him, "Kai, I'm not going to let you get hurt by this guy."

"Speaking of which, who is this guy Cinder?!"

"What are you talking about?" 

"I mean, you obviously know him from somewhere." 

"Ohhhhh cat fighttt!"

"Thorne shut it."

"Kai, I have to go."

"Not without us." Cress stood up, "Who else is coming?"

Everyone but Thorne stood up.

"I mean I feel like we fought a whole war in what feel's like yesterday, do we really have to fight another one?"

Cress was about to smack him when Winter stopped her. 

"No, no friend, let me." Then out of nowhere, she slapped him across the face as hard as she could.

Everyone watched in shock. Cinder started clapping and Cress was laughing. Jacin nodded in approval.

After a few minutes of rubbing the side of his face, he stood. "Okay. I guess I'll come," He said, "But can I at least pilot?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai walked into one of the cabins. Cinder was staring out the window into the vast galaxy surrounding them. He hugged her from behind and kissed the back of her head.

"Stop it, I'm supposed to be mad at you,"  she faced him.

"Cinder," he sighed.

"I don't like that you came. I hate putting you in so much danger."

"How can I be in danger when I have the leader of the Lunar rebellion, a former Lunar soldier, and Scarlet on my side?"

"Kai."

"Cinder, I've said it before and I'll say it forever. I'm not losing you ever again."

She hugged him, "I know, and I'm sorry. I just, I love you so much. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you."  

He looked down, "Well I mean, something has already happened to me, and you don't seem to be broken up about it."

She punched him and tried to laugh, "I mean because of me."

"I know." He smiled and kissed her.

"Hey we'll be landing in about 10 minu-" Cress looked up from her port, "Oh. Um, am I interrupting something?"

"No, uh, we're coming." Cinder sulked out of the door.

"Sorry."

"It's fine Cress, c'mon."