2

That night I laid there reading a book, when I got a text from Blake.

"Ellia, I am so sorry I couldn't do this in person but I didn't want to see the look on your face when I did this. I hate it, but I think we need to break up... I love you with all of my heart and you were the best thing that has ever happened to me. But with you moving and me going to college for summer classes, I think it's best if we move on and see other people... I'm sorry"

I sat there in shock, not knowing what to do. I called Blake 3 times with no answer. What, is he not manly enough to have a conversation about breaking up?

After sitting there for a second, the tears began to flow. I flopped back on my bed and cried. How could he do this to me? Why couldn't he have done this a long time ago when I told him I was moving?

After 10 minutes of crying, my mom walked in the door. "Ellia, I came to check on you- hey, what's the matter sweet heart?" She asked worriedly, walking over and holding me while I cried.

"Blake broke u-up with m-me..." I trailed off, showing her the text. She gasped.

"What in the world? Oh, Ellia, I am so sorry sweetheart." She said, holding me tighter. We sat there a few more minutes before I finally calmed down. I pulled away and wiped my eyes.

"I don't understand, mom. When I first told him about the move he seemed alright. We talked about us moving on before and decided we didn't thing we could ever do that. It scares me not knowing how long he's felt this way. I just feel so lied to..." I said.

"I know that honey. But, you know what? Theres gonna be so many hot guys in LA that you won't even know what to do with yourself. I know you and Blake were so good together, and I know it'll be hard for you to move on. But please don't let this tear you down too much. You have the next few months to be completely free now that y'all broke up and you can make so many friends and meet new people. Please, Ellia, don't make me worry about you the whole time you're gone."

I laughed at the fact she brought up all the 'hot LA guys'. My mom has always been cool like that. I smiled at her.

"Thanks mom, I guess I needed to hear that. It will be hard.. But I know I'll be alright. I will miss you all so much."

She smiled at me. "I know sweetheart. Now you need to go to bed, it's 11 o'clock and you have to be up by 8!"

"Alright mom, goodnight." I gave her a hug, then she walked out and turned out the night. I knew everything would be okay. I finally sent Blake a reply, saying "Okay". I had nothing else to say. I laid down, closed my eyes and went to sleep.