Life had never been sweeter

That night, Charlie and everybody else were asleep in their rooms. Everybody except rose and Willy.

Rose was laying down on the bed, wearing a red nightgown with the covers over her waist. She still couldn't believe that Willy let Charlie's family stay and that she was going to co own the factory. She was still extremely happy.

But... she couldn't lose her father. Not right now...

Willy was sitting on the edge of the bed, wearing a gold t shirt with black pants. He was stroking her hair. Tears filled her eyes, which made Willy frown sadly.

"What's the matter honey?" He asked

Rose looked at him and sighed sadly. "I-I'm very happy that you're letting Charlie's family stay, and that you're letting me co own the factory. But I don't want to think about you..." she trailed off. She couldn't say the word, but Willy knew what she meant. And his heart broke.

"Sweetheart..." he laid down beside her and pulled her into his arms. He moved her hair out of her face. "Am I dead yet?"

She shook her head as a tear fell down her cheek. He gently wiped it away with his thumb. "I'm not going to die for a very long time. We still have many memories to make. I don't want you thinking about me dying. Because it won't happen anytime soon..."

Tears poured down her cheeks as she buried her face in his chest.

Seeing her cry tore his heart into two. He didn't want her thinking about his death.

He soothingly rubbed her back in circles as his other hand rested on the back of her head. "Don't cry my angel..." he whispered, letting her cry.

After a few minutes, rose was fast asleep in his arms. Her head rested against his shoulder, her hand on his chest.

Willy looked down at her and gently placed a hand on her cheek, stroking it with his thumb. She stirred, only to move closer to him.

He couldn't leave her. He needed to stay with her tonight.

He pressed a loving kiss to her forehead before she tucked her head under his chin. He placed his hand over hers that rested on his chest, his other hand on her back. He traced her spine with his fingertips as he listened to her soft breathing.

"I promise... my sweet little girl... everything will be alright... I love you so much..."

He whispered before closing his eyes and falling asleep, a soft grin forming on his face when he heard

"I love you too daddy..."

Willy had an amazing daughter. He had a family. Charlie was like a son to him. Life, truly, had never been sweeter.

The end