11:44: You seriously don't think that you could fool the world's only consulting detective. It's obvious, John. SH

11:47: Fine. I'm surprising YOU with something. 

11:47: I knew it. Now, what is it? SH

11:52: Well I really can't tell you that.

11:53: You technically CAN tell me you just choose not to. I don't understand people. What's so good about a surprise? SH

11:55: Sherlock, let your boyfriend just surprise you with something for once.

11:56: Fine. I'll wait. SH

12:32: I'm tired of waiting, John. SH

12:35: Solve some murders. I'm sure that will get your mind off it.

12:36: I have solved a lot of murders today. I'm getting to the point where I can't solve any more murders, I've solved all the good ones. The rest of them are petty and boring. SH

12:37: Sherlock, I have to go. I'll text you soon.

12:38: Fine. SH

12:55: What the hell are you doing that's taking so long? SH

1:18: Did you find someone else? SH

1:48: Are you running away with them? SH

2:29: Oh god, John. Please don't leave me. SH

3:00: I can't handle being alone. SH

3:41: Please, John, I need you like I need the nicotine right now. SH

3:46: It's okay, Sherlock. Calm down. I'm going to be home soon.

3:47: Oh, thank god. I was so scared, John. SH

3:50: Sherlock, I'm never going to leave you. I wouldn't ever leave you for the world.

3:51: What were you doing today? SH

3:53: You'll find out soon enough, I promise. 

3:54: Oh, this has something to do with my surprise. I'm feeling the anticipation. SH

3:55: Is this why ordinary people like surprises, because of the anticipation? SH

3:57: Yes. Listen, I need you to do something for me.

3:57: Alright. What is it? SH

3:58: Is there a huge mess on the floor of our apartment?

3:59: Yes, a reasonable mess. SH

4:01: I need you to clean it up. Put everything up. 

4:02: Why? SH

4:04: Don't ask questions, just do it. I'll be home in about 15 minutes and I just need you to clean it up. Please, for me, Sherlock.

4:05: Anything for you. I'll get right on cleaning it. SH

4:16: Okay, everything is off the ground. Not in the correct location, but at least off the ground. SH

4:17: Thank you. Now is the front door unlocked? My hands are full.

4:19: Yes. I just checked. SH

4:20: I'll be home very soon. Wait IN THE FLAT for me.

4:20: Okay. SH

Sherlock sat impatiently in the flat, in his chair, staring at the door, waiting for John to get home. He was trying to deduce what John's surprise is, but there isn't much material to work with when it's just over text.

Sherlock heard the click of the front door opening, and he could hear John coming in. Sherlock still waited in the flat, as John said. Sherlock was listening for every little noise, and could tell that John was coming up the stairs.

"I'm home, Sherlock!" John called, coming into view of Sherlock. John had a box in his hand, a rather large box. It was cardboard, and the top was closed but not sealed. It had recently been opened. Slung over his shoulder were bags, filled with stuff Sherlock couldn't quite tell what it was. "Your surprise is in this box." John said, placing the box in the front entryway of the flat.

"Can I open it?" Sherlock asked.

"Yeah, go ahead." John said.

Sherlock bent over and opened the box. Once he saw what was inside, his mouth dropped open. Sherlock continued to stare at the box, mouth draped open, eyes watering.

Because staring back at Sherlock, was an adorable border collie puppy, tail wagging.

--

How was that chapter? It was actually pretty fun to write, all except for the constant bolding and unbolding. That was time consuming.

I honestly feel like Sherlock is really clingy. Since he's pushed people away his whole life, when he finds somebody to love he holds them very close, and becomes really clingy.

Song: "Circles" by Pierce The Veil :: It's a really good song that describes Sherlock's feelings for John.

Vote if you liked this chapter. Comment with what you think the puppy's name should be.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE READS! -Dillon