il

5:15 pm

Alex Novac

Alex Novac

"The syndesmochorial placenta." He was in his biology class, attentive as always, busy adjusting his glasses, while his teacher Miss Brenda was telling the class, the topic they were going to discuss today.

Of Course he knew everything about it, but still being a good student, he was listening carefully and taking down notes. Not many students opted for extra classes but being his nerdy self , he opted for those too.

"The hemochorial placenta is present in human beings."

By the time the class was halfway most of the students were doodling and many of them were trying to keep their eyelids open while some of them didn't even bother to do anything. Miss Brenda never minded that, she was carefree.

Logan, a guy from his year jumped on him, not literally though."Hey Alex!" , he greeted him before asking "How can you stand that snobbish teacher after school?", pointing at Miss Brenda's silhouette.

"Just like you can stand Mrs Lesley" He simply stated.

"Man, Drama is cool, plus its just for this week since we've got to do this play, I don't even know the name." Logan said picking up on his bag's loose tassle.

"And she's hot." he said walking away with a smirk, while Alex rolled his eyes.

Stupid boys

He thought in his mind. He still had one hour until his parents would be home, so in the mean time he decided on walking up to the nearest library since school was now officially over.

He took out his i-pod from his jean pocket and plugged in his earphones while placing his physics assignment on the table. Scrolling through his music library he played his all time favorite playlist 'Nature'. Yes he had been doing this since long, maybe before high school, there were plenty of them. All titled with insignificant names but to him they were all significant, we all have a muse.

"Where's dad?" He said questioning a blonde beauty in front of him.

"He had work and unfortunately I was sort of passing by, so they told me"she said pointing between him and her. "to pick you up. Brother." She said while blowing off her freshly manicured nails.

" Yeah whatever, Alyssa. Take me straight home."

"Sorry hon. You need to stick up with me today, well for just one hour. I promise it won't hurt. Just need to talk to my new classmate about a project." She said rolling her eyes at the end part.

"Fine." He groaned either way there was no way home.

The sky had turned a shade darker, the blue of the sky was mixed with the pink hue of the setting sun. Birds were chirping, probably going back after a long days work.

But there he stood, all tall with his creased forehead and a frown.

It had been one hour five minutes and his snobbish sister was still not there. He had been walking around in the park nearby. The silence was never ending, stretched over the place. No children were around, no one was talking, it was silent but still erratic.

"Alex! I am here." she said walking over to the car.

Finally he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Do you think your new partner will be able to bear with you?" he said while settling down in the seat next to his sister.

"Really worried about the new girl aren't you? I mean I know she is quite different from the folk he.." "Wait up, I don't know her and I am asking you that because your last partner nearly failed the project and you were so rude to him that he even pleaded Mr. Hemping to never ever assign you as his partner."

Alyssa rolled her eyes and drove off. She cared for none.

"I think this new girl is quite smart. I really don't remember her name though." suddenly excited she started talking loudly about that fight between Fergal and Cain and how our beloved Mrs Took took them to the principal's office etc etc.

But this didn't interest him at all. He was trying to capture more important moments but the road home was always short. Too short to capture anything. Too short to feel anything. They say home is where you feel loved. But to him, it was different.