9| Feels Like Hell

Zachary's POV

Waking up was the hard part. The blurriness and blackness that coated my vision made it hard for my eyes to adjust to the sunlight that shone in from my window.

Didn't I have a curtain on that window? Specifically so my eyes wouldn't get fried to a crisp in the morning? Groaning, I forced my eyelids to open as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

Glancing towards the window, I could see the curtain had been jerked to the side, not by much, but enough to be looked through. Asra was sitting at the bottom of my bed on his knees, fixated on something that was outside.

Aw... I liked cuddling... I paused for a moment, watching him. I really... REALLY... have to give him a haircut...

I grabbed my phone off my night table and clicked the button on, looking at the time. My phone read; 9:54AM. Fuck! I was late for school! I quickly jumped up, making Asra squeak and quickly turn towards me, eyes wide in surprise.

I wasn't going to get to school on time, plus, I couldn't leave Asra here by himself. He doesn't barely know what half this stuff is- probably because he can't remember anything, and he cries whenever I stray too far from him!

I sighed and went to the contact that read 'Noah' and I called him. The calling noise went on for about four times before he finally picked up, sounding rushed as if he was running. Probably forgot something at his locker, like always...

"Hello!? Who is this!?" Noah asked quickly, the sound of his shoes hitting the hallway floor echoed in the background as he breathed heavily out of breath. I frowned softly.

"Hey, Noah... I'm... not feeling well..." I faked a cough, making my voice sound scratchy and hoarse. I wasn't the best at faking sick, but it was over the phone, luckily. If he saw me in real life, he would know for sure that it was all fake.

I just need a few days... I can figure something out with Asra... Hopefully...

"Okay? What do you want?" He asked.

"Take notes for me?" I asked, feeling guilty for lying, guilty for faking everything. He does so much for me, he's such a good friend... and look at me.

I heard him sigh before he replied, the sound of his locker opening and re-closing in the background again. "Fine."

I inwardly screamed. "T-Thank you so much, Noah. You really are a great friend, I owe you one...! See you–"

"Where's my camera?"

I froze.

Fuck, I dropped the camera back at the lab! I gulped and stayed silent, frozen. Asra caught onto my behaviour and he got on his knees on the floor, hugging my leg gently. I stood there. Asra, you adorable child... Please.. Your attempts to show me love and affection aren't really needed right now!

"Hello?" Noah asked, sounding more agitated this time. My thoughts raced like wildfire, my free hand coming to a rest on Asra's head gently as I forced words to come out of my mouth.

"I...I need until... tomorrow..."

"Why?" He demanded.

"I..." I coughed, hoping he'd catch on. "I don't... feel well... I might... be sick..." Even though I was faking, I actually felt like I was about to throw up. I don't like pretending... I don't like lying... "J-Just the notes... p-please..."

"Err... yeah, alright buddy. Take it easy." He mumbled, "Get some rest..." Then he hung up. I coughed a few times, the tone of voice I did on the phone hurt. I carefully moved Asra off my leg as I made my way to the kitchen, getting a glass of cold, fresh water.