Once the day ended, I walked inside my house and removed my shoes at the door. "How was your first day?", I heard my moms voice ask.
I looked up and saw her smiling face. "Good I guess..", I mumbled as I sat my backpack down. "Are you sure Tooru- oh what happened to your uniform? It looks like it's covered in dirt", she exclaimed in worry. "I fell...that's all..", I muttered again. She didn't look convinced at all, but decided not to question it any farther. "Okay...if you say so", she then walked back into the kitchen to prepare dinner. I walked up stairs to my room and laid on my bed. Why do I have to be treated so differently for one little mark..,I thought to myself. I lifted my arm up and held it above my face, examining my wrist. I felt tears well in his eyes, but I refused to let them fall. "I hope they'll leave me alone tomorrow. This was probably only a one time thing", I whispered out loud.
Oh how wrong I was...

My 5th grade year was pretty awful. I had no friends still(which I was used to), but on top of that, I was now being verbally bullied. At first it was just daily taunts by that group of boys and sometimes girls saying how I'm a Freak. Weird. Different. And how I don't belong..

6th grade came along quickly and the same thing happened. I was bullied by more people this time. Constant taunts about my bare wrist. Soon, I started getting physically bullied. I would come home with a bruise or two on my arm or face. My mother would panic and pester me with questions about what happened. I would give her the same answers every time.

Sorry I fell and hit my face.
A volleyball hit me in gym today.
I accidentally ran into a pole.

Soon she stopped believing my lies and asked me what was really going on.
"Tooru", she said one day. I looked up from the book I was reading about aliens. "Yes mom?"
"Tell me the truth and only the truth..are you being bullied", she asked me. I could hear the sadness in her tone. Once she asked that question, I subconsciously started to tear up.
My mom quickly stood up and pulled me into a hug once she saw tears streaming down my face. "So it is true..", she whispered. "Why didn't you tell me sooner, Tooru", she questioned sadly. "Because I didn't want to worry you.."I whispered. My mom just hugged me closer. I soon hugged her back.

6th grade went on for me horribly. The teachers refused to do anything about my bullying and I had to beg my mom not to confront the school about it. I didn't want to look like a whinny child who needed his moms protection. I wanted to prove I was strong..but I never did.

I also noticed strange things happening to my mom. She looked more spaced out and tired. Every time I'd ask her if she's okay, she'd play it off with a smile and say, "Its just a little headache, nothing to worry about sweetie."

One day I was watching a documentary about crop circles and possible alien life existing on earth on TV. I have always been fascinated about aliens and space. My mom walked in holding a mug of warm tea in her hand. I flinched when I heard a loud shattering noise. I quickly turned towards my mom and noticed she had dropped her cup of tea. What shocked me more was when I saw her hands. They were shaking badly and my mom looked strangely pale and sick looking. "M-mom are you okay?", I stuttered. She only nodded and shook her head slightly. "Y-yeah..I don't know what happened..it just suddenly slipped out of my grip..", she said. She sounded spaced out and kinda shocked. I frowned and watched as she turned around and walked into the kitchen to retrieve a broom and dustpan to clean up the broken remains of the mug. Once she cleaned up the mess, she sat next to me and smiled. "You really love outer space don't you, Tooru?", she asked. I only nodded and smiled.

Right now it was summer break. I had no school for 2 months. I was nervous, because next year I start junior high.

We heard a loud noise outside. It sounded like a truck engine. "Oh that's probably the moving truck", my mother said as she stood up quickly. "Moving truck?", I questioned.
"Yes. The house next to us sold, so we got new neighbors. Let's go greet them and ask if they want any help."
I turned off the the tv and nodded.