Chapter 1

This story is officially incomplete, but you may proceed if you don't mind cliffhangers
Oikawa's Pov

Soulmates.
Your soulmate is the one person who you are destined to be with. No one knows who chooses their soulmate or why. It's a mystery no one shall ever know.

In this world, everyone has a soulmate. They will meet that one special person one day and spend the rest of their life with them. Most people usually meet their soulmate by the age of 25. How we know we have a soulmate is quite strange.

Everyone is born with two letters permanently inked on their right wrist. One letter stands for the first letter of your soulmates first name, and the second letter right underneath it stands for the first letter of your soulmates last name. Those two letters stay on your wrist even after you meet your soulmate. In order for the two words to fully appear , you must kiss your soulmate on the lips. My mother used to always tell me that fate never fails to bring two soulmates together. She assures me that I will find my soulmate one day and be with them for eternity.
But the thing is...I don't think that's possible for me.
I fear I may never find my soulmate for one reason.

My name is Oikawa Tooru, and I was born without a soulmate mark.

My right wrist is bare, along with my left one. When I was born into this world, my parents were shocked to see I had no soulmate mark. Everyone is born with one, so why wasn't I?
Why did fate have to do this to me. I wish I had those two letters on my wrist that assured me that I had a special someone out there that I will find one day. It was something so small, that made me feel so different from others.

I remember back when I was younger and it was my first day of school. My mother hugged me goodbye and wished me luck. I smiled and hugged her back, then entered the huge building. I first noticed how different I was from others when I started school.
All day on my first day of 1st grade, I got weird looks. People were whispering about me. Students and teachers.
I frowned and was completely unaware of why they were staring at me until a girl the same age as me approached me. She looked nervous to talk to me. I just looked at her, waiting for her to speak. She spoke, but the words that came out of her mouth caused me realize why everyone was staring at me. "W-why don't you have a soulmate mark..?", she questioned timidly. I tilted my head slightly in confusion. "What do you mean? I thought it was okay to not have a soulmate mark", I answered back. She shook her head and held up her right wrist. "No it's not normal, everyone has one except you."

At that moment, I felt like someone just slapped me across the face.

After that day I noticed how the other students acted towards me. They didn't speak to me, nor did they get near me. When it was lunch time, I sat alone and ate in silence on my first day of school...
But that was only the beginning.

At first I kinda got used to it. Being ignored and neglected by my peers. No one ever spoke to me which kinda hurt, but sadly I got used to it. After my 1st grade year, four years pasted.
5th grade.
Once again, it was my first day of school. I walked in the school building and once again like every year, everyone who has never seen me before gives me weird looks because of my blank wrist. During class, someone tossed a note onto my desk during the teacher's first lesson about mathematics. I unfolded the paper and read the content on it.
Why don't you have a soulmate mark, you freak?
I frowned at the note and quickly folded it up then shoved it in my backpack so I didn't have to look at it.
And that's when I started getting unwanted attention.
During recess, a group of boys approached me. One gripped my wrist tightly and laughed. "So the rumors were right. It really is the boy without a soulmate mark!", he spat. "Are you even human? Everyone has one but you. That's lame." His friends behind him snickered slightly at his taunts. I felt like crying, but I stayed strong. "Please let go of my wrist", I asked in the calmest tone I could muster. "Sure", the boy said. As he did so, he pushed me backwards by the hand, then let go so I would fall. I winced as my body made contact with the dirt ground. The group of boys walked away from me and once again I was alone. I didn't cry. I just sat up and looked at the ground. Why me.., I thought.